Monday 1 October 2012

October


 
After a fun filled weekend celebrating my birthday, Paul, Sydney and I all woke up feeling under the weather today.  I think we have all caught the same cold.  It was a rough way to welcome in a new month!

So Syd and I pulled the plug on our plans for the day, luckily she had a day off of school today anyways for Sukkot, so we took the luxury of a pajama day at home.  It was awesome and felt like just where we should be today; together, cozy, soaking up all of the goodness that the past couple of days brought.

I took some time this morning to finish a project that Sydney's preschool teachers had asked me to do, fill an enormous picture frame with pictures of every child's family so that they can hang it in the classroom.  It was so neat to see all the pictures of the kids in Sydney's class and their families.  I love that her school values community so much and sees itself as an extension of the family unit.  Sydney has been loving looking at all of her friends' pictures throughout the day.  She even said to me at one point, "Emilia is my best friend!"  It was so, so sweet!


Late morning, as my throat was getting progressively more and more sore, I poured us a huge bubble bath and Syd and I soaked and played until we looked like prunes.  It made both of us feel better!


Then I made myself a huge mug of my new Birthday Cake Rooibos tea (thank you Lori!) and smiled because I think I've found a new favourite flavour from David's Tea...



It was another beautiful day today and I started to feel guilty for keeping Syd inside all day, so just before noon we headed out to Jethro's Fine Grub, our local Dunbar diner, for lunch.  This little hole in the wall has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri and always has a huge lineup outside!  Today however, we timed it just right and got seated right away and enjoyed a yummy lunch, a catfish poboy sandwich and french fries for Syd.  It was yummy!


The street next to Jethro's was lined with chestnut trees, so on our way back to the car we spent a good hour collecting two huge bags of chestnuts to take home with us.  Sydney was like a woman possessed in collecting these little treasures!





We brought them home and she proudly filled a huge vase and bowl with them!


Here's hoping that whatever bug we've caught passes quickly and that we're back to our old selves in no time!  Happy Monday, Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment