Thursday 11 October 2012

Parcel Pickup




So this morning, minutes after dropping Sydney at preschool, I hopped into my car and drove like a bat out of hell to Point Roberts to pick up some parcels that were waiting there for me that contained some very precious cargo.  Not only were some much needed party supplies for Sydney's birthday waiting for me, but her long awaited Hello Kitty Halloween Costume!

She looks so, so cute in it!  It comes complete with a headband with Hello Kitty's giant red bow which is the frosting on the cake!  I am going to paint her face with little whiskers and a nose for Halloween too, just to complete the look.  It's so adorable I can hardly stand it!  No sneak peek pictures here, less I spoil my actual Halloween Day post, but let me tell you, it will be worth logging on to "My Life as a Mom" on October 31st to see my little sweetie in costume!


I also surprised her with a plush Hello Kitty bucket to hold all of her candy.  She has been practicing saying "Trick or Treat" like crazy lately,  especially when I told her that when she says it, people will give her candy.  It was highly motivating!


I also got Syd a bike helmet, at long last, so that she can wear it while she's out cruising along on her tricycle.  It is embellished with her best friend Dora and came with the teeniest little knee pads I've ever seen!


While I was out in the Tsawwassen neighborhood, I stopped by the "Mommy and Me" store, a consignment store that I had heard about a few times before but never had the chance to go to.  This little shop, tucked away in the basement of the animal hospital, carries everything from clothes to toys and books and shoes for newborns to Kindergarten aged kids.  I ended up coming away with a cute new sundress for Sydney and a couple of toys I knew she'd love: a star shaped Dora backpack and a set of Hello Kitty action figures.  Both were a huge hit!  In fact, she filled the backpack with the figurines and strapped it to her back for most of the afternoon.



We came home this afternoon and decided to call it a comfort food day!  It has been chilly and foggy and is so feeling like fall with a nip of winter in the air, so I made a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup, nothing better on a cool day!


Also made a batch of mini banana muffins, with Sydney's help!  She is getting quite good at mixing things up without spilling a drop on the counter!  She even helped me fill the mini muffin tin today too!  This could be so great having a kitchen helper in the years to come!




I told Sydney today that her friend Emma was coming for dinner on Saturday and she flew into a frenzy of activity getting things set up around the house for Emma's visit!  She even set a place at the table for her complete with a placemat, plate, fork, napkin, cup with tropical drink umbrella, marble and mini pumpkin!  So funny!


I love that Sydney wants to be a good hostess and is excited to share her home with friends!  I can feel the week slowly winding down and am looking forward to Friday tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment