Sunday 21 October 2012

Raffi Concert


This afternoon Sydney and I had a very special treat.  Sydney's cousin Danny and his wife and kids took us to the Raffi concert downtown at the Ford Centre.  I have been listening to Raffi since I was just a little girl, in fact, I can still see the old school record cover from one of his original records that we used to have!  It was so special to see a performer that I have long loved and share it with Sydney today.


It was amazing how many of the songs that he performed, I knew and even more amazing at how many Sydney knew!  We have one Raffi CD that I often play in the car, and luckily, he sang many of the songs on it today, so Sydney recognized a lot of what he was singing.

She was clapping and jumping and dancing and loved the "Shake My Sillies Out" and "Baby Beluga" numbers that he sang back to back!


I sang along at the top of my lungs to most every song, I think I enjoyed it more than the kids!

It was such a nice afternoon together and I love that Sydney got to go to her first official concert with her cousins and to see such a timeless artist!


No comments:

Post a Comment