Tuesday 30 October 2012

Staking out the Neighborhood

This afternoon we had a rare couple of hours when the rain stopped and it was mild and dry.  Sydney and I wasted no time in getting outdoors for a tricycle ride to check out the neighborhood's Halloween decorations and which houses we are planning to visit tomorrow night for trick-or-treating.

Sydney happily pedaled away stopping to take in all of the amazing decorations on our neighbor's front laws and porches.


She eventually ditched her tricycle and figured she could navigate the streets better on foot and off she went...



It was so fun to see all of the festive decorations out!




Late last night while I was getting thing organized for today, I decided to do a quick Google search and figure out how to properly roast pumpkin seeds as we had some left over from our carving earlier in the day.  I had tried roasting seeds before years ago, without much success, so I was more than pleased when they turned out perfectly!



I proceeded to eat the entire batch before I went to bed!  What a nice little late night treat!

I always get a bit wistful this time of year thinking back to three years ago in the days leading up to Sydney's birth.  Early this afternoon I was up on Dunbar having some sushi for lunch and two young Dads sat down at the table next to me.  One of them had just had a baby girl, born a few days earlier and he looked tired beyond recognition!  It was so interesting hearing him relay the story of his daughter's birth to his friend.  How different labour must be from a man's perspective!  He kept referencing how long everything took, it seemed like forever to him.

I chuckled to myself, thinking that I had no clue about the passage of time or what time of the day or night it was while I was in labour.  I was in the zone and in another world all my own!

I vividly remember every detail of the days leading up to Sydney's birth and my labour and delivery.  My life has never been the same since, but I wouldn't trade it for the moon!  Sydney is the best thing in my life, hands down, and I so love being a Mom!

I am busy putting the final touches on Sydney's cupcake birthday party this coming weekend.  Today I got my little hand made cupcake toppers for the loot bags in the mail, they are so cute and are just the perfect finishing on the bags!


My precious friend Christina gave Sydney a little early birthday gift the other day, a beautiful charm bracelet with, what else, a cupcake charm!  It is for Sydney to wear to her birthday party and she loves it so much!


Looking forward to a lot of fun and celebration over the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment