Saturday 20 October 2012

Swap Meet & A Birthday


This morning I was up bright and early to go to my first swap meet of the season!  I had been dying to get out to a few swap meets this fall and was so glad that I had a free morning today to make it happen!  Sydney was so insistent that she come with me this morning.  I kept trying to convince her to stay home and play with Daddy, but she would have none of it, so off the two of us went to West Point Grey Community Centre for a morning of shopping.


Sydney was such a good girl at the swap meet.  She stayed close to me like I asked her, and had such fun looking at all of the things and pointing out stuff that she loved.  I had a successful morning of shopping coming home with some great things!

By far the best thing that we got is this fantastic wooden balance bike!  I have long been looking for a bike like this for Syd, but didn't want to pay the outrageous amount that they cost new!  I was thrilled to find today.  It is made by Like a Bike, a German company that makes such an exceptional product.  Sydney could not wait to ride her new bike this afternoon.  She is doing so well on it, I couldn't have bought it at a more perfect time!


We also got a few other great things:

Flower Alphabet Cards

Fun Kids Dishes

Ladybug Backpack


Corolle Soft Doll

Oilily Backpack

Wooden Threading Toy

Cutest Kids Apron Ever!

Shiny Red Oilily Shoes!


This afternoon Sydney and I headed to the Mount Pleasant Community Centre for her friend Kaden's third birthday party.  Kaden's Mom and I met in prenatal fitness class some four years ago when we were pregnant, and although we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like these days, it was so special to celebrate this big event with them today!


Kaden's Grandma made the cutest dinosaur cake and cookies for everyone to take home with them!



The kids thought they'd hit pay dirt when they saw the huge gym filled with dozens of riding toys and a bouncy gym!  Sydney loved bouncing and climbing up and down the gymnastics equipment and riding around on the toys while I had the chance to catch up with some Mom friends I hadn't seen in a while.


We left the party with a loot bag filled with some bracelets, a colouring pack, lava gel and some Halloween stickers, glasses and a stretchy skeleton.  Sydney had great fun playing with all her new treasures when we got home!


Syd and I spent some time up on Dunbar yesterday afternoon.  She collected yet more chestnuts to add her to collection and pushed her little shopping cart around the produce store with glee!





Later in the day we went for a tricycle ride in the neighborhood to enjoy the rain-free day!  Sydney loves going down to a house at the end of our block to see this cat that sits in the window almost every day!



It was brandishing a new tag today, a bright red heart with it's name, "Socs" engraved on it.  Syd was so happy to finally learn it's name as she has developed quite an affection for it!


I'll leave you today with a picture of the most amazing tree that is outside of Sydney's preschool, it is officially my favourite tree this fall!  Everyday when I drop her off, somehow it seems to get more beautiful! 





No comments:

Post a Comment