Wednesday 3 October 2012

Wednesday Musings

 
 
Today felt like a Monday for all intents and purposes, after having four days in a row home with Sydney.  We were back to school this morning.  Poor Sydney got woken up with a jolt as I sat bolt upright in bed at 7:15am realizing that we'd slept in.  We were happily cuddled together warm and cozy in bed and we had to fly out from under the covers in a matter of seconds to get to school on time!

We made it and Sydney had another great day.  She is still having such a hard time saying goodbye to me in the morning, tears and begging me to stay with her for a few more minutes.  It's heartbreaking and I can't wait for the day that I can drop her without a peep!

We emptied her art file out today, she has been busy, busy at school doing a ton of painting.  It remains her all time favourite activity both at home and at school to this day!


I especially love this one!


Last night I made a list of about twenty things that I needed to do today while Sydney was at school.  Most of them were phone calls and e-mails, so I sat in the car on my phone for half an hour and had scratched three quarters of my "to do" list off before it was even 9:30!

So I decided to drive out to Richmond Centre mall to do a little shopping.  What a great time I had trying on clothes and shoes and taking my time to wander in and out of stores at my own pace!

In the end I came away with just a couple of sweaters and a bit of makeup from Sephora, but it felt good to get out and shop on my own!


Sydney had swimming lessons again this afternoon.  She had such a good time and is getting so comfortable in the water!  It's terrific!  I packed my video camera along today to get some footage of her in action jumping off the side of the pool into the water!


It's getting late, and I am fast fading so I'd best be off to bed to avoid a repeat of the sleep-in action that happened this morning!  Hope that you all had a terrific Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment