Tuesday 2 October 2012

Zucchini Pancakes




Last night before Sydney headed off to bed she announced that she wanted to have pancakes for breakfast.  I feel much like a short-order cook these days with Syd often getting a hankering for one thing or another and requesting that I make it for her!

Her pancake request got me to thinking about a recipe that I found on one of my favourite websites "i am baker" a while back for zucchini pancakes.  These delicious and healthy pancakes are a very basic batter with some shredded zucchini added in.  Seemed simple enough, I totally wasn't expecting them to literally be the best tasting pancakes I have ever had in my life!  They were SO good!


Only thing that was challenging about them was that they were super tricky to flip, they kept sticking to my fry pan!  The recipe states says that you should use a griddle at a specific temperature, so I'm sure I just had my non-stick pan heated way too hot.  These pancakes are good enough to warrant buying a griddle just to make them again!


Here's the recipe, please try this at home!

The BEST Zucchini Pancakes

Ingredients
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cups flour
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (not drained)
Instructions
  1. Heat a skillet to 325-350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, place sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together. Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla.
  3. Mix until fully incorporated. Fold in zucchini.
  4. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter onto heated griddle.
  5. When pancake is full of bubbles, flip to other side and cook for approximately one more minute.  (From 'i am baker' blog)


Another mellow day off with Sydney for Sukkot, we hung out at home this morning while our housekeeper was here and basked in our perfectly cleaned house once she'd left.  I am feeling more on top of things around the house and housework these days.  Not sure how long that feeling will last, but I'll savour it in the mean time....

Went for another tricycle ride around the neighborhood today.  I love how Sydney hooked her little wicker basket to her handlebars to collect treasures that she was finding while she was out!



Tomorrow we are back to business as usual, school, activities, workouts and errands.  It's been a lovely change of pace over the past few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment