Monday 26 November 2012

A Special Playdate


This morning started off on such a nice note!  I enjoyed a delicious breakfast of the Challah french toast that my friend Andrea sent home from brunch for me yesterday, sprinkled with some fresh blueberries along with a lovely coffee made with my new espresso maker.  What a great way to start a Monday!




Sydney and I spent the afternoon at our friend Liz and Kaitlyn's house.  Liz is far and away one of the sweetest, easiest going, happiest people I know.  She always has a smile on her face and has the best sense of humour ever!  I love her!  Her sweet daughter Kaitlyn has inherited many of her Mom's wonderful qualities, they are both such a pleasure to be around!

Sydney and I decided to whip up a batch of homemade playdough to take to Kaitlyn this afternoon.  Sydney insisted that we make red, and had such a blast kneading the playdough until it was soft enough to give away!


Kaitlyn wasn't able to make it to Sydney's birthday party this year as she and her family were away on a special trip celebrating her Dad's birthday.  So today, Liz went out of her way to make a very special private birthday celebration just for Sydney.

She baked and decorated a gorgeous molten lava chocolate cake especially for Sydney and lit candles and sang Happy Birthday to Syd.  I was literally choking tears back at what a thoughtful gesture this was!  Sydney's face was priceless, I think she thought we were singing to someone else and seemed so pleased when the cake arrived in front of her to blow the candles out!



Kaitlyn also had a very special present for Sydney in perfect cupcake theme, a beautiful cupcake apron for all those days spent in the kitchen with Mommy and a Cupcake shape sorting game.  Fantastic!



After we enjoyed a slice of the most amazing cake along with our tea, we took a walk at Jericho Beach.  It was a gorgeous, crisp, sun filled day today and it felt so nice to get out and get some fresh air!

It was positively magical at the beach this afternoon.  At 4:00 it was already starting to get dark and we could see the full moon out in the hazy sky hanging over the amazing Vancouver skyline!  Breathtaking!


The girls spent a good long time feeding the bunnies carrots and celery at the new rabbit visitation area.  The bunnies are so cute, they are so tame that they will literally take food right out of your hands!  Sydney and Kaitlyn loved it!



We then walked a little further to the duck pond and the girls fed the ducks too.  It was great fun!


I came home from the playdate and said to Paul that I didn't know how I managed to be so blessed to have met so many amazing women who became Moms at the same time as I did!

What a wonderful afternoon together we had!  I feel so blessed to have so many kind and thoughtful friends in my life who love us and Sydney so much!  I was so touched by Liz's love and kindness to Sydney today!

No comments:

Post a Comment