Saturday 17 November 2012

Back on Track


It has been a rough few days around here.  Sydney has had a few flu like symptoms on and off all week.  I had been watching her carefully and she seemed to be doing great, full of energy, no fever, eating normally.  So far so good.  That was, until both Paul and I came down with the flu a few days later.


The timing of the flu bug visiting our house couldn't have been worse.  I was meant to be away this weekend with a group of Moms on my first ever night away from Sydney.  I had been looking forward to this trip, and planning for it, for months.  It has been a long three years of pouring myself into Syd and I so felt like I was getting a well deserved mini-break with this fun getaway.  All of that fast faded away as I was kneeling at the toilet bowl last night.

I am so grateful that Sydney's feeling good, but so sad that Paul and I are not, and heartbroken that I couldn't join my Mommy friends on a trip away.  It has been a sad and hard couple of days.

I am feeling tonight like I am getting a little more on track, feeling better and trying to salvage somewhat of our weekend.  Here are a few of the bright points to an otherwise pitiful weekend!

Bowl of Decorations


I got some blue and silver decorative balls to put in our giant blue bowl to add to our Hannukah decorations.  Sydney was thrilled to help me fill the bowl and it looks so pretty sitting in the window seat.

Crafty Gift




I had Sydney make some hand drawn place mats a while back, thinking that I would send sets of four to people for Christmas.  I had a revelation the other day and decided that it would be great fun to give one to each of her buddies, so I found some alphabet stickers and personalized each one as part of their Christmas gift from Sydney.  I love how they turned out!

Artwork

Sydney has, as always, been busy making tons of great art at preschool.  She also got to take home her Monet inspired bridge painted canvas and clay pumpkin from art class.  Lots of lovely masterpieces to look at around here!
 








I especially love this one that came home from school entitled, "A Huge Princess!"


Java Time

Paul and I have always enjoyed ourselves a good cup of coffee.  We finally broke down and got ourselves an espresso maker for home, so I managed to get it set up today.  It's great!  We love it!


Dreaming of Beach Time

I picked Syd up a couple of things this week that she'll be needing for our upcoming trip to the sun!  Nothing like a new bright pair of Crocs and a new water bottle!



Glass Beads

Today while we were chilling at home, Sydney found the leftover glass beads from our Hannukah craft and we played with them for a good long time, making shapes and lining them up.  Such great fun from such a small thing!




I am hoping that next week brings health and new found energy for us all!




No comments:

Post a Comment