Wednesday 21 November 2012

Baking Day


I've been feeling rather out of steam the past couple of days, still recovering from all of us being under the weather and trying to catch up and get back on our feet.  The past few days have been wonderfully ordinary, just plain old regular perfect days.  Nothing bad, nothing good.  No complaints. Today was just what I needed to add a little wind to my sails!

This morning after I dropped Sydney at school I drove straight to my friend Lori's house and we had round one of our Christmas Bake-a-thon.  We are determined to do some fantastic Christmas baking together this year and collectively deliver it to all of our friends.

We had a productive morning.  Made four different recipes and came up with a few more ideas for round two!

Peppermint Bark


Corn Flake Wreaths


Star Cutout Sugar Cookies


Macaroons


I had to leave poor Lori mid-macaroon making to go and pick Syd up from school and the poor love tirelessly worked for the rest of the afternoon baking and filling the precious morsels.  They looked so great!  Can't wait to deliver them to everyone!

I bought myself a new pair of flannel cupcake jammies the other day when I was out shopping.  They are super cute!  Sydney was so thrilled to see them and insisted that we both wear our new cupcake jammies together to bed last night!  Couldn't resit taking a picture of the two of us all decked out for bed!



Sydney has been loving the new colouring books that she got this past weekend as a belated birthday present!  She has managed to convince both Daddy and I to sit down for extended periods of time to colour together, it's been nice!  She called this one her 'rainbow princess!'


We got a special letter in the mail the other day, a pair of tickets which serve as an invitation to Sydney's friend Aaro's 3rd birthday party.  Aaro's Mom knows how to throw a party better than anyone I know, and this year is going to be amazing, a full on deejay party!  Can't wait!


Tonight while I was cooking dinner Sydney was busy emptying out her drawer where I keep all of her plastic plates and bowls.  She filled at least a dozen bowls with salt and pepper, emptying out the containers all together!  When I asked her what she was doing, she responded: "Making these for my friends.  We'll drop them off at all of their houses!"  I think she's caught a whiff of the holiday spirit that's going around this house!  I love that she thinks to make something for her friends and wants to deliver it!


Sydney has been on a cleaning frenzy lately, yesterday she swept nearly the entire kitchen floor and then gathered all the dirt into a dustpan and threw it in the garbage and today she was scrubbing her little table in the kitchen with a dishcloth like there's no tomorrow.  She proudly announced after she was done that Bonnie, our housekeeper, didn't need to come this week because Sydney did all the cleaning.  Bless her heart!


I am hoping to have a productive couple of days tomorrow and the next and finish my Christmas shopping for once and for all so that I can simply put my feet up on December 1st and enjoy the magic that is the holiday season.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment