Tuesday 13 November 2012

Bonus Day


Sydney and I got an extra day tacked on to our long weekend today as she stayed home from preschool with a little upset tummy.  For the past several weeks, I had been secretly hoping for a day for us to spend at home together, just the two of us.  Since Syd's started preschool, I've really missed those long lazy days when it was just she and I at home, doing whatever we wanted.

Sydney was actually in great spirits today, wasn't bothered by her tummy at all, so we took advantage of her great mood and decided to crack out the cupcake making kit that her friend Weston got her for her birthday.


We had such fun making cupcakes, Sydney wanted to do everything herself, including cracking the egg into the mix and using the electric mixer!




The kit came with the cutest white paper chef's hat for her to wear.  She didn't want to wear it, but promptly took it to her splash mat while the cupcakes were in the oven to paint it!



 She decorated them with the final touch, sprinkles, her favourite!




We actually had a very productive day together at home.  Wrapped some Christmas presents, sorted through some toys and books to give away to make room for all her new birthday presents, scratched longstanding items off of my 'to do' list, it felt great.

After lunch, Syd decided that she was going to play outside for a while and brought me bouquets of leaves from the backyard which she arranged in vases for me "for Mother's Day" as she often says when she brings me something beautiful!



We opened up another gift bought with Grandma and Grandpa's birthday cheque today too, this wooden ladybug matching game.  We played one round of matching and then Sydney took all the ladybugs and stuffed them in her purse!


Late afternoon brought snack time, so I dug out the old hot air popcorn maker and made a pot of tea and Sydney and I sat down to have a tea party together.



It was a nice day all around.  Sydney was feeling like her old self by the end of the day and I was so grateful to have a day at home with my girl just hanging out without having to rush to be anywhere.  It was meant to be and a perfect day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment