Tuesday 27 November 2012

Cookies in a Jar



Sydney and I spent the afternoon assembling a fun little gift which we will be including in gift bags for some of our closest friends this holiday season.  I saw this idea for a 'Cookie in a Jar' many years ago in a magazine and had always wanted to try it.  Then this summer my friend Michelle gave me two cases of Mason jars and I knew that this was the Christmas that I was going to make it happen!




 I found two different recipes online, one for Chocolate Chip cookies and the other for M&M cookies.  Basically you just compile the dry ingredients into a jar and layer them for effect and then attach a tag around the jar with instructions for adding the wet ingredients and baking.



It is such a nice thing to have around if you ever needed something sweet in a hurry, you simply dump the jar, add a few liquid ingredients and voila, cookies!


We're hoping that our friends love them!

I am happy to say that I am now officially finished Christmas shopping for the year!  Feels so nice to have it behind me!  My office upstairs looks a little like this though:


Disaster zone!  I have literally been buying things and shoving them into this room for a month.  Now I need to sort and wrap and deliver it all.  That's the fun part!

To pat myself on the back for getting all my shopping done ahead of schedule, I got myself a little treat yesterday:


This fabulous pair of suede Tom wedge mini boots.  I absolutely love them!  They are so comfy and all the rage this season, I can't wait to wear them!!

I wrote the other day about how I had been to the Dunbar Craft Fair and got myself this beautiful new pair of earrings, only to discover that there was only one in the package when I got home.  I e-mailed the jewellery designer and she found the missing earring minutes after I left her table!  She frantically looked all over for me, but couldn't find me and was so happy when I e-mailed her!


So yesterday I drove out to her home in Richmond to pick up the earring and she tucked a very special gift in with the earring for all the trouble, this amazing pendant:


I love how it has so many beads of different shapes, sizes and materials, it is such a statement piece!   What a lovely surprise to get a bonus pendant, will look forward to having a special occasion to wear it for!

Syd and I have been having some fun in the kitchen making dinners the past couple of nights.  She, once again, made a pizza all on her own for dinner:


And tonight we made Chicken with Artichokes, it was so yummy!


Hannukah starts in a little over a week's time.  This week we picked up a couple of fun things for Hannukah, this stamping set for Sydney and some cookie cutters for us to make sugar cookies with Sydney's class next week!



Sydney's class has been doing special art classes with an art teacher every Tuesday this month.  They are making art projects based on a book who's illustrations are featured in the art gallery at school lately called "How to Make a Noodle."  They have made such fun projects, this week they made homemade strawberry jam in class and then made pretend strawberry jam in art class, such fun!



I am looking forward to spending a few evenings this week hunkered down in my office wrapping gifts, writing cards and getting parcels ready to mail out for Christmas.  It will be so nice to sit back and enjoy December without having to rush about!


No comments:

Post a Comment