Saturday 24 November 2012

Craft Fair and Dinner with Friends



Today was an amazing day!  The sun was out shining and it was mild and beautiful.  What a great way to wake up to the weekend!


This morning I decided to take a bit of time for myself and Paul and Sydney spent the morning together.  They went for a tricycle ride, played in the backyard, had snacks and played while I was out.  It was so fun for them to have some one on one time together!

While I was out, I decided to hit up the Dunbar Craft Fair.  This awesome craft fair happens but one Saturday a year at the Dunbar Community Centre and features 150 vendors selling everything from pottery and jewellery to handmade soaps and clothes.  It was so fun seeing all of the amazing things that people had made!

I managed to get another couple of things off my Christmas shopping list, which was great.  Christmas shopping is dangerous though, because I inevitably see things that I love for myself or Sydney and end up spending twice the amount I planned to!  This morning was no exception!

I got this beautiful pottery vase in the same pattern as my collection:


And a couple of new pairs of fun earrings:



Sadly, when I opened one of the packages of earrings, there was only one earring inside!  The other must have fallen out while the artist was packaging it!  I've e-mailed her to see if she happened to find it and am hoping that I can get the other so that I can enjoy this beautiful pair!

Also got this very sweet charm necklace for Sydney, just couldn't resist!


And this ladybug box, will give it to her with something special tucked inside for Hannukah!


I could have stayed all day and spent a small fortune, but decided to quit while I was ahead!  I love all of the unique and special things that I found this morning!

Late this afternoon, Paul, Sydney and I headed to our friend Mike and Sarah's house for dinner.  Sarah made the most amazing braised beef ribs served on a bed of mashed potatoes with sauteed spinach and pine nuts on the side.  It was so delicious and such great comfort food!

Emma and Sydney had such fun together!  They ate their dinner at the wee table:


Then played with toys:


Then jumped in the bath together:


And changed into matching jammies:


And gave each other hugs before we headed home to bed:


They are such wonderful friends, I love it!

It was a fun, relaxing day.  Perfect for the weekend and just what I needed!  Bring on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment