Tuesday 6 November 2012

Enjoying Her Gifts


I love how Sydney is taking the time to truly enjoy each and every gift that she received for her birthday.  First thing this morning, she grabbed the giant Disney sticker pad that my Cousins Mel, Carmen and Sharlene and my Aunt Trish gave her and sat on the kitchen floor happily sticking stickers on the pages while I made breakfast.


Sydney has long loved stickers and was so thrilled to get not only this huge pad, but a bundle of other stickers along with a cool card game and some super cute owl shoe laces from the gang!

Later this afternoon she begged me to open the baby that my sister Liane and her family gave her.  This super sweet doll, named Emma, came complete with her own puppy and diaper bag stuffed with everything a Mama would need to look after her little babe!


Sydney loves that she has her own diaper bag now for her baby.  She stuffed it as full as she could (don't know where in the world she learned that from!)  and packed it around the house with her baby for most of the afternoon.  She even brought everything to bed with her tonight, it was super sweet.

I knew that this baby was going to be a hit the minute Sydney opened the gift, she actually hugged the box!  I noticed today that the baby is wearing pink pajamas with brown polka dots, an almost exact replica of a pair that I used to have for Sydney when she was a baby.  Something tells me we are both going to fall in love with this doll!

My sister also gave Sydney a Dora the Explorer book which came with a playmat and little figurines.  Syd is really into the little characters lately, this was another great hit!  Thanks Auntie!

Sydney's friend Alexa gave her a few sets of marbles to go along with her collection that she started this summer when Alexa gave her some for her Bye Bye Diapers party!  Syd happily unpacked them all into her container and dug around to look for the "big ones" as she calls them!  Daddy has been trying to show Sydney how to play marbles properly, Syd seems more interested in keeping them all contained in one spot than actually playing a game with them!


This afternoon Sydney and I were at the flower shop and she was so sweet looking at all the flowers and telling me how beautiful she thought they all were.  I told her that she could pick one small plant to take home and she chose this red chrysanthemum.  She proudly carried it into the house and decided that she wanted it's home to be in her bathroom upstairs!  Very cute!



We finished off our afternoon with our Music Together class, always a fun time!  I love how much Syd is coming out of her shell in class these days, she's downright sassy sometimes whereas she used to be super shy and hardly left my lap!  My girl is getting more confident as the days roll on, it's great!





No comments:

Post a Comment