Monday 5 November 2012

Mushrooms


Today was mellow, which felt just about right after our very busy weekend!  First thing this morning, when Sydney woke up, she wanted to head into the living room where all of her presents were still laying out on the couches from our unwrapping-fest yesterday.  Her friend Weston got her the sweetest baby boy doll named Paul, and Sydney was determined she was going to hold him this morning, so I obliged.  He even comes complete with his own potty, soother and bottle.  Sydney loves feeding her babies and was so thrilled to have a potty too!



Weston also got her a fantastic cupcake making kit, a cupcake notepad and a cupcake apron set with matching aprons for Syd and her doll!  Super cute and so in keeping with the cupcake them, I love it!


This afternoon after school, Syd and I came home and decided to have a quiet few hours together.  She enjoyed playing with her new 'make a cake' play dough set that Uncle Paul and Stephanie got her along with a Hello Kitty lunch kit, puzzle and stickers!


She also decided to open up the present that her friend Marcus gave her, which was this adorable tea set, complete with a tray, teapot, teacups and little plates for snacks.


Sydney and I had a mid-afternoon tea party together with it!


Syd also spent a good amount of time painting thank you cards this afternoon.  She is loving the look of sparkles on top of the paint and used an entire bottle up today!



We brought home some more great new artwork from school today too!  I love that she is starting to try writing letters on her work and that little blue hand print is just so adorable!




A couple of weeks ago at school, Sydney happened to have two substitute teachers on the same day and was feeling a little insecure about being left at school without her beloved Carmen and Jen there to watch over her!

When I came to pick her up a few hours later, she handed me this note:


I guess one of the teachers drew it for her and wrote down the message that she was trying to tell me: "Mommy, I want you back right now!"  Poor girl!

It was a sunny, mild day today so Sydney and I spent some time exploring outside today.  We found a huge patch of mushrooms in our neighbor's front yard which Sydney was quite interested in!  I have never seen a patch so huge in someone's yard before! We had fun looking at them!





Our garden is starting to look more and more bare as the trees lose their last few leaves...winter is a coming!




I decided to dig out a great cookbook that my sister gave me years ago tonight from the Barefoot Contessa and made some sweet potato fries for dinner tonight, what a treat!



It was a great way to start our week, Sydney is so enjoying all of the lovely new gifts that she got yesterday.  It's going to be a fun week watching her enjoy each one!

No comments:

Post a Comment