Wednesday 14 November 2012

Rose Petals


A few days before Sydney's birthday I bought a beautiful bouquet of pink tea roses.  I absolutely adore fresh flowers and love nothing more than treating myself to a huge bouquet of flowers to enjoy!

I separated the bouquet into two vases and placed one in the kitchen and one in the family room, the two rooms where we do most of our living. 


We have enjoyed them for almost three weeks, but today they were looking rather wilted and ready to go.


I'm not sure why, but before I threw them out, I plucked a few rose petals off of one of the stems.  Sydney saw what I was doing and was most interested to try it herself.

One by one she plucked petals off each rose until there were none left and arranged them on her little table in the kitchen.


When the table was covered, she fetched her basket from the living room and filled it up with them.



In the end, she had a beautiful, overflowing basket of rose petals!  Gorgeous!  I'm hoping that they she'll have a few more days to enjoy them before they dry out completely!


We had swimming lessons this afternoon.  It was safety day, meaning the kids wear life jackets for a good portion of their lesson and learn how to bob around in the water wearing them.  Sydney and her buddies had swimming races with their jackets on, bobbing around like little buoys in the pool, it was super cute!


I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight, trying to use up some leftover roast beef that I had from dinner a couple of nights ago.  It was a delicious Curried Beef Pot Pie!  So flavourful and yummy and a perfect dinner for a cool night.


I served it with a loaf of Kalamata olive bread to mop up the savoury sauce, so yummy!  Click here for the recipe.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment