Tuesday 11 December 2012

Lazy Tuesday


It was a lazy day today...and it was nice!  After what felt like weeks on end of running around, making every second count, and always having something to do, it was a nice change of pace to just be happy to do a little of nothing today!

I was so relaxed by the time that Paul got home from work, that I definitively did not feel like cooking dinner tonight.  I had great intentions of ordering take-out, but didn't get around to that either so I'm ashamed to say that Paul made himself a can of soup at 8:00 when he'd given up on dinner ever arriving, and I ate a caramel apple for supper.  Poor Sydney, she has been begging me for days on end to have the caramel apple that her friend Aaro put in his birthday loot bag for her last week.  I kept saying "no" or "later" and then, tonight, while I was roaming around the kitchen hungry and desperate, I unwrapped it and woofed the sucker down.  Yum!

It wasn't an entirely wasted day.  This morning while Sydney was at school I finished up all of the Christmas present and baking deliveries to friends.  It was fun popping by unexpectedly with a little gift in hand!  I scratched every last item off of my long-standing 'to do' list within the first two hours of the morning and spent the next two wandering around the mall looking at all the frantic shoppers and peacefully sipping an Egg Nog Latte.  Heavenly peace!

Sydney drew a picture for her teacher this morning before we left for school:


I was actually quite amazed at how much it looked like an actual ladybug!  She got the colours and shape just right all on her own!  This girl continues to astound me on a daily basis!

Tonight at bedtime she asked me what heaven was.  It was one of those moments when you aren't expecting to have a deep and meaningful conversation with a sleepy three year old, and she was happy with a simple answer: "It's where God lives and where people go when they die."  Then she wanted to know what 'die' meant.  Shoot...just when I thought I had all the answers.  She didn't even let me answer the question about death before she proceeded to tell me that every one of the characters in the book that we were reading had died.  We'll have to pick up that conversation another night...

Tonight was night #4 of Hanukkah.  Sydney literally pulled Paul to the menorah before he could get his shoes off when he got in the door.  She just can't wait to light those candles and rip open her present!



Tonight she got a Magna Doodle, which is something she's wanted for a long time and I knew she'd love.  She was very happy to get it and played with it for some time at the kitchen table.



We got a couple of special things in the mail today.  The first was the most beautiful personalized card from Sydney's friend Alexa.  The best part about the card too was that on the outside of the envelope there was a personalized Canada Post stamp with Alexa's picture on it!  It was adorable and I am so stealing the idea for my cards next year!


I also got a special parcel for myself, a beautiful cowl scarf that I had ordered from Etsy a few weeks ago.  This hand knit scarf is the most beautiful heavy knit with amazing, detailed buttons.  It was knit specially for me when I ordered it and I absolutely love it!  Can't wait to wear it tomorrow!



Sydney and I spent the afternoon packing up a few things in our suitcases for our upcoming holiday, and also got our little Hanukkah gifts for her classmates together too.  We added a couple of pieces of Hanukkah gelt to the baggie with the salt dough ornaments that Syd made and tied them up with a personalized label.  I think they look fantastic and hope the kids love them!



I feel nice and relaxed after today, the rush of the holidays is essentially over for me with all my gifts being distributed, and I'm looking forward to just enjoying the rest of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment