Wednesday 5 December 2012

Midweek


I love the feeling of a well executed plan coming together.  This morning I smugly arrived at the post office just as it was opening with my Christmas parcels and cards in hand ready to mail out to friends and family both near and far.  The man behind the counter even gushed about how organized I was and that I was sending everything at the perfect time before the crazy holiday rush began.  I was feeling pretty proud of myself.

Then I started wandering through the mall on the way back to my car and quickly realized that I had forgotten some people, Syd's art teacher, Zach's girlfriend, our housekeeper....just when I thought that I was done with shopping I found myself frantically racing through the mall picking up unimaginative gifts like tea and chocolate and bath products, desperately trying to make sure that I had enough bits and bobs to give everyone when the time was right.

Tis the season, alright!

Syd asked me if we could go upstairs at her preschool to the library after school.  I really just wanted to go home, but really, she was asking to go to the library, how could I say no?  So upstairs we went and Sydney quickly found herself a little spot on the floor, crossed her legs and started pulling books off the shelf to read.  Her little friend Levi from school followed us up there and the two of them sat and coloured and read and had a little visit.  It was pretty cute!



When we finally got home, Sydney spent some time painting the salt dough ornaments that we made yesterday.  We started with the ones for her class, she chose each ornament and painted it specially and told me who it was for so I carefully wrote each of the kid's names beside their ornament as it dried so I wouldn't forget which one belonged to who.


We baked a batch of mini banana muffins today too before heading off to our second last swimming class of the season.  Sydney was the only one in class today, she got her own private lesson!  I think she liked all the water time!


Sydney's class at school has been doing special art classes based on a book called "How to Make a Noodle."  She brought home her artistic version of noodle kugel this week, super cute!


I always print out the monthly school calendar for Sydney and post it on the fridge so that we can talk about what the next day is going to look like at school.  While I was eating dinner tonight she asked me if she could write a note on the calendar for herself.  I asked her what she wanted to write and she said: "Tomorrow I have to go to the bank to pick up some envelopes for Daddy for his office, to give the patients."  Okay then, this is what the calendar looked like after she was done:


Girl likes to be busy, just like her Mom!


I finally got around to wrapping all of Syd's Hannukah presents last night.  She was thrilled to find the stack in my office when she woke up this morning.  I had to write a wee number on the bottom of each one to remember which night to give it to her on!  Can't wait to start the festivities this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment