Friday 14 December 2012

Wrapping Up the Week


The past two days have flown by!  No matter how prepared I think I am for the month of December, it always leaves me feeling a little breathless!  Lots of fun things going on, here's a snapshot of our Thursday and Friday.

Christmas Lunch

On Thursday after school, Sydney and I got together with a few of our friends that we met way back in prenatal fitness class, for a Christmas lunch at the Rocky Mountain Pizza Company.  I love that this time of year is such a great excuse to reconnect with people that we don't get to see on a regular basis.

The kids had a great time playing in the play area and eating their yummy pizza and pasta.  I am fast falling in love with this restaurant for the quality and taste of their food!



Each of us brought a little gift so that the kids could do a gift exchange at the end of lunch.  I brought a Santa sack to hold the gifts and went around from kid to kid letting them choose something to open.


Sydney chose a very cool set of huge Melissa and Doug triangular neon crayons.  She cracked them open right there and then and she and her buddy Declan had a great time colouring the kid's menu with them!


Ladybug Piggybank


Sydney couldn't wait to paint the ceramic ladybug piggy bank that her buddy William gave her the other day.  She meticulously painted every inch of it yesterday afternoon.  Here was the final result:


I had the bank out drying on the counter today and hadn't yet had the chance to put it up safely on top of the bookshelf in her room when poor Sydney accidentally knocked it to the ground today and it smashed into a million pieces!  She was very sad!  I'll have to see if I can't find her another one so we can try, try again!

Hanukkah Nights 6 & 7


Sydney continues to love celebrating Hanukkah and has been enjoying lighting the candles each night with Daddy.  Tonight she even recited half the blessing in Hebrew on her own!  I love how quickly she retains things with repetition at this age!

For night #6, Sydney got a Hello Kitty scrapbooking kit.  She was very excited about it!  I printed off a bunch of Sydney's baby pictures for her to put in the scrapbook and promised her that as soon as we had a free afternoon, she and I would work on putting them in together.


She could hardly wait to get started and made a page of her own already!



I was very excited to give Sydney her gift tonight.  Syd loves my iphone so much, she especially loves to wander around with it taking pictures of various things and people that capture her attention.  She loved taking pictures so much that I knew a camera would be a wonderful gift for her, so I got her her very own digital kids camera.


What a hit this was!  She wandered around the house for the better part of an hour taking pictures of things "for her blog" as she said.  Guess she's a chip off the old block!  I am so happy that she loves the camera as much as I thought she would!

Shabbat

This morning Sydney's preschool had a community Shabbat together.  It is such a special time of singing and sharing and lighting candles and celebrating!  Today, they had the giant menorah that the children had painted during the Hanukkah party on Sunday, up and lit the Hanukkah candles as well as doing all of the usual Shabbat.  I love being able to participate in this with Sydney every week!




Last Art Class

Today was Sydney's last art class of the year at 4 Cats.  We finished up a couple of projects that we had been working on over the past few weeks and then got to make a fabulous splatter painting in the splatter room in the back!  Sydney had the best time squirting her canvas with paint out of syringes and tapping paint on with two brushes!  She left art class covered in paint literally from head to toe!



Mani Pedi

Shortly after Syd was born, I got a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure from a friend.  It really did seem like such a lovely, thoughtful gift for a new Mom, but realistically, I had absolutely no time to sit in a nail salon for two hours pampering myself with a little one at home!  The gift certificate had been sitting in my desk drawer for almost three years and I just discovered it while cleaning up the other day, so I thought that I'd make a point of using it today.


I went to Pure Nail Bar in Kerrisdale and had the loveliest time having my nails done!  I had two women working simultaneously on my hands and feet while I sat on a cushy sofa drinking green tea and watching back to back old school episodes of Friends on their TV.  I had forgotten how funny this show was, I was literally laughing out loud several times and had tears running down my face from laughing so hard at one point!

What a great time to myself it was!  I got my first ever Shellac manicure done, it is meant to last for 2-3 weeks without chipping, we'll see how it holds up!


It was a nice way to end the week with a little time to myself!  Hope that you had a great week wherever you are and that the magic of the season is working it's way into your heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment