Tuesday 1 January 2013

A New Year


 2012 slipped quietly away last night as Paul and I shared a quiet evening at home ringing in the new year.  It was nice.  We've never been much for making a big hullaballoo over New Year's Eve, and with the mellow few days we'd had together since getting home from holidays, it just felt right to be snuggled up on the couch waiting for a new year to arrive.


I made a delicious baked brie and a few other appies and we drank the bottle of wine that my brother gave us for Christmas. 


I love starting the new year with everything feeling fresh so I spent a good portion of the day sorting through old baby stuff of Sydney's and making three piles, one to give away to charity, one for my cousin's babe and one for Paul's receptionist who is expecting twins in April.  It felt so good to go through everything at long last and I have reclaimed some closet space that I'm sure will quickly fill up throughout the year as Sydney outgrows more of her things.

I could have easily stayed home all day today, but Sydney was starting to get a little cabin fever, so I packed her up and took her out for a slow trip through the grocery store.  Always dangerous, we came home with a million things that we didn't exactly need but we sure had fun looking at everything and trying out a few new things.

I typically make a few resolutions at the beginning of each year but this year I really just want to continue making amazing memories with Sydney.  I am excited to see the year unfold and to know that good things are in store for us.


This year will mark my third year of blogging.  I love looking back and seeing what we were up to a year ago and remembering all of the amazing times we had together.  We are blessed!

Happy New Year to you all!  May 2013 be a year filled with much love, fun and laughter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment