Tuesday 22 January 2013

Bellingham


Yesterday was a Pro-D day for Sydney so I thought I'd take advantage of the fact that we had a free day and invite one of her preschool buddies over for lunch and a play date.  We were so looking forward to having a fun day with friends, so you can imagine our disappointment when my friend Amanda sent me a text late Sunday night to let me know that her daughter was sick with the flu and that they couldn't make it.


When Syd woke up on Monday morning I told her that her friend couldn't make it over and she looked sincerely disappointed.  I was frantically thinking how I was going to make it up to her and turn the day around and suddenly it dawned on me, a little road trip to Bellingham!  That was a sure fire way to cheer her up!

So we got dressed and jumped in the car and headed off to Bellis Fair Mall.  We had the most fun wandering up and down the aisles at Target, filling our cart with fun things.

We stocked up on some fun Valentine's Day loot and made up some very sweet bags that we will deliver to her friends on February 14th.


We raided the dollar section and got a few fun Dora things for Syd too.


And of course the most sparkly pair of Hello Kitty shoes that we had ever seen!  We simply could not come home without them!


It was such a great way to spend a free day together!  Syd loves to shop and is getting so much better about staying close by me.  She loves looking around and finding things she loves and showing them to me so that we can gush over them together.  I love it!  It is one of the great pleasures of having a daughter and I can't wait for a million more shopping trips together in the future!


Yesterday evening my friend Sarah and I went out for a girl's night out and had a lovely dinner at Fable restaurant.  The food was great, well executed and fabulous flavour!  We even had the chance to meet the celebrity chef and owner, Trevor Bird.  It happened to be his birthday yesterday and his staff made him a very special dessert and delivered it to him with a candle in it!  We ended up chatting with him for the better part of a half hour, it was very neat!



What a fine note yesterday was to start our week off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment