Tuesday 15 January 2013

Half Way There


I have to admit that I find January such a drag.  It is a long, cold month that inevitably fills our home with some sort of illness or another, and the thought of brighter days ahead seems so, so far away.  I am so glad that we are half way through this month!  I was thinking today that I need to find something to inspire me to turn January into a fun-filled month.  Will have to spend some time brainstorming about what that might look like before next year hits!


One of the presents that I bought for Sydney with the birthday money that my parents sent this year, was a 'Paint your Own Tea Set.'  I had been waiting for a rainy day to pull the kit out as a project for Sydney and this afternoon seemed like the perfect time, so my girl spent some time carefully painting her teapot, tea cups, saucers, creamer and sugar bowl.



We baked the pieces in the oven to glaze the paint and the end result was so fabulous!  I love her custom made tea set!


I had another gift tucked away for Sydney and decided I may as well crack it out today too, a giant stuffed teddy bear:


Sydney and Daddy decided to name him Seymour.  He is the softest, cuddliest bear ever and is almost as big as Sydney is!  It was so cute watching Syd cuddle with him on the couch today!

We also decided to make a batch of homemade playdough this afternoon, added a package of orange Koolaid to get the very cool colour and Sydney had a great time kneading and rolling and cutting playdough this afternoon.


I've been feeling so much like making comforting winter fare for dinner these days, so decided to make a batch of cabbage rolls for dinner.  They are a bit of a labour of love but worth all the effort!  Paul loved them and they were such a good dinner for the cold and frosty night that we had!



Am off to bed to dream about warmer days, flowers blooming and long lazy summer afternoons....

No comments:

Post a Comment