Sunday 6 January 2013

Playtime


I have to say that over the past couple of weeks since we've been home from holidays, I feel as though Sydney has played with literally every toy that she owns!  We have a lot of toys at our house....between all of the amazing generous family and friends that have given us gifts, my shopping problem, inheriting hand-me-downs and one too many swap meets, our house could easily pass as a daycare most days!

I had been thinking late last year that one of the things I should do in the new year is to sort through all of Sydney's toys and give a bunch away to pair down a bit.  After watching Sydney play with fervor for the past couple of weeks, I'm thinking I may just postpone that scheduled purge!

Sydney and I hauled up in her bedroom for a couple of hours this afternoon playing board games together.  She got three new games for her birthday and we finally got around to getting them out and set up and figuring how to play them.  She is really into structured games right now, it's quite amazing how much it will hold her attention.  I have the feeling that in years to come she and I are going to spend many an hour playing games together!

Look at what a disaster zone her room was after we had finished playing:


What a mess, but what fun!

We also spent a good deal of time building Hello Kitty's Dream House, another birthday present that we hadn't yet cracked open.  It is so cute complete with little furniture and chandeliers!




Tomorrow we are going to have lunch with one the families from Syd's preschool.  Syd is so excited to see her little buddy Henry before school starts again for the year on Tuesday.  This afternoon Syd and I made an Orange Pecan loaf and wrapped it up to take with us to Henry's house tomorrow.



Check out Syd wearing her little homemade apron that my friend Rachel made for her for her birthday.  We were quite cute in our matching aprons today!


The other day Sydney discovered a box of newborn baby clothes of hers that I had tucked away.  She totally thought they were doll clothes and has decided that all of them, along with her sleep sacks from when she was a wee babe, are her 'babies' new wardrobe.  So at any given time during the day we can find her dressing and undressing her dolls in onesies and sleepers that used to fit her, and putting them to sleep on our bed!  She is the penultimate Momma!



We got some refills for our bird feeder this weekend and had such fun this morning watching Northern Flickers, Blue Jays and Chickadees eating from it!  Sydney and I had great fun chasing this very bold squirrel away that was helping himself to our bird food!


I'll leave you with a picture of Sydney's latest sparkly masterpiece.  Along with all that play time this weekend, she managed to squeeze in a whole lot of painting time as well, busy girl!


Hope you had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment