Friday 4 January 2013

Reconnecting


This week has been all about reconnecting.  After a wonderful few weeks together as a family over the holidays, it has been such a welcome treat to see our friends and family again and visit and share some time together.

Sydney and I went to two play dates today!  This morning we headed to our friend Tracy and Alexis' house along with our friends Saskia and Myrtle and Andrea and Aaro.  Tracy just had a new baby, Avery, 10 weeks ago, so we all got our newborn snuggles in and had such a lovely visit together.


It is so neat to watch the kids play together now that they are older.  I have known this group of ladies since way back in prenatal fitness, before any of us were officially Moms!  We have had countless play times together, some of which have been complete gong shows.  Today was remarkably serene.  The kids played nicely together, dressing up as princesses and playing with play dough and having snacks.  I love that this means we can have better visits as Moms and that our conversations are revolving less and less around babies and "Mom" things and feel more like old friends chatting about our lives and history.  It is so cool to have reached this level of comfort with these friends that will only get better as the years go by!

My friend Andrea brought me a New Year's present, the most beautiful orchid, along with a gorgeous box of cards.



I love orchids so much, but have had little luck in sustaining them over the years when I've had them.  I am determined to keep this one alive and thriving as long as I possibly can!  It looks amazing in our home too, I spent a good amount of time moving it from location to location trying to figure out where it looked best!

This afternoon Sydney and I went to our friend Sally and Ollie's house to play.  I love Sally so much!  She is the first Mom that I connected with from our Dunbar Newborn group and I have her to thank for connecting me with a group of Moms that have become invaluable in my life!  She and I drank wine and laughed and shared stories and made plans to do fun things together.  I so enjoy spending time with her!

Syd and Ollie had fun playing together, at one point they were holding hands and walking around the house together and gave each other the hugest hug on the way out the door tonight.  Super cute!  What good buddies!

What a precious week it has been.  I feel so happy and loved having reconnected with so many people this week and am so glad that we took advantage of this time to get together with folks before we are back to our regularly scheduled programming next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment