Sunday 13 January 2013

Sunday, Sunday


Today was a pajama day in the truest sense of the word for us!  I am still fighting off a cold and woke up feeling rather rough this morning, so decided to stay close to home and rest up to see if I can't kick this bug!

We decided to move a few things around for Sydney today.  We have had a splash mat on the kitchen floor for over two years now where Sydney can paint and do playdough and art projects whenever she feels the need.  It has gotten progressively messier and more cluttered looking as her art supplies have expanded and I was trying to figure a way that I could clean it up without taking away her joy of creating.

So I thought that I'd switch it up a bit and bring her easel up from her playroom to put it in the place of her splash mat so that she could do her painting standing up instead of having to be sprawled out on the floor.  She really loved having the easel upstairs!  It has a chalkboard, dry erase board and huge roll of paper on top for painting, so she will get lots of use out of it! 





She started painting right away today when I moved the easel upstairs.  Love her painting and especially how she made the letter S twice.  She is obsessed with practicing her letters these days and desperately wants to write her own name!


I decided to move her little table and chairs from the kitchen down to the playroom in the empty spot that the easel left and make that her art station downstairs.  I put her art caddy and some colouring books on top and got her playdough and other art supplies settled neatly in baskets around the table so that she could work on one activity at a time without it being too cluttered.


I'm liking this new set up and I think it's good for Syd too to get some more use out of her easel and to play a little differently for a while.  Plus, the kitchen looks a little neater than it has in a while which warmed my heart and spurred me to start cleaning up a few other things that had been on my list for a while.  I am feeling very organized!

Sydney and I spent some time in my office today raiding my scrapbooking supplies and making some fun butterflies and hand cut-outs.  It was a good indoor activity today!


Syd wrapped me up a "present" the other day which she said was for my birthday.  She brought it downstairs for me today and insisted that I open it up.  When I gushed over how beautiful a job she had done wrapping it and that I wondered what was inside she said: "Dried up playdough and clay!"  Just what I always wanted!


Happy Sunday!






No comments:

Post a Comment