Monday 18 February 2013

A Day Off of School


Sydney had no preschool today as the teachers are conducting parent-teacher conferences for the next two days.  We ended up having the most fabulous day together!  It was so nice to wake up and not have to rush off anywhere!  We did some of our favourite things together and just so enjoyed having the time to hang out, just the two of us.  What a gift today was!

Here's a snapshot of our day.

Orchid


First thing this morning we came downstairs to find that the last bud on our orchid had bloomed overnight.  It is looking stunning with all of the blossoms in full bloom!

Brown Bear


Sydney has been so into books lately, often asks me to read to her at any given point during the day.  She brought me Eric Carle's Brown Bear book this morning over breakfast and then proceeded to "read" the entire book to me by rote.  It was awesome!

Pasta Craft




While we were still in our pajamas we decided to pull out some dried pasta and make a little craft this morning.  Syd had so much fun gluing all of the different shapes of pasta onto the paper and making interesting patterns.  Tomorrow when it's dry we are going to paint it.

Easy Bake Oven




My parents sent Sydney a cheque for her birthday back in November.  I had a blast wheeling through the aisles of Toys R Us choosing things I knew Syd would love and have been slowly rationing out the new toys since then.  The last thing that I had tucked away, that Sydney was dying to break out of the box, was this new Easy Bake Oven.  I thought today was the perfect day to try it out and we whipped up the teeniest batch of chocolate chip cookies ever today, it was very sweet!  Syd loved it, looked like an old pro after all of the baking she and I have done together since she's been born!

Sushi Time


Sydney and I headed out to run some errands today and decided to go out for lunch together.  I let Syd choose the place and she chose Wild Sushi, one of her favourite haunts.  We had a great lunch together and spent some time wandering Dunbar, it was lovely and relaxing!

Collage




We decided to hit up our favourite art supply store, Urban Source today.  Syd happily filled a bag with goodies and got some great supplies to make the coolest looking collage when we got home.

Tea Cup


While we were out wandering on Dunbar today we stopped by a little antique shop that we often pop into.  The owner had a box of china teacups sitting outside on sale for $1 each!  I just had to get one for Sydney and decided on this one that reminded me so much of one of my Mom's china patterns, Victorian Violets.  I love it!

Tricycle Ride



It rained for most of the day today, but we did have a dry spell this afternoon so Syd and I both popped on our rain boots and headed outside for a tricycle ride!




We just loved looking at all of the spring flowers starting to bloom in our neighbor's gardens.

Popcorn Time



Sydney has developed a ritual on days at home where she wants to watch Sesame Street on TV and eat a bowl of popcorn.  She decided to don the popcorn box as a hat today, it was pretty funny!

Baking Time


We finished off our afternoon by making a banana chocolate chip loaf, Sydney's favourite!

What a great day together.  I love days like today with Syd, sheer perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment