Saturday 9 February 2013

Chills


I spent the entire day sick in bed yesterday after a sleepless night up with the chills and an achy body all night.  I went from being freezing cold to boiling hot and tossed and turned all night trying to find a comfortable position with my aching back and legs.  By morning it was pretty clear that I was coming down with something.


So I lost an entire day to lying on the couch or in bed feeling pretty awful.  I woke up this morning still feeling pretty achy and tired, but over the worst of it, I hope!

Syd brought a couple of special things home from school yesterday.  A Valentine from her friend Allegra with two Hershey's kisses taped to the front, Syd was thrilled!


And another red envelope for Chinese New Year from her friend Emelia with a chocolate coin inside.


We also found two very special letters in the mailbox later that day.  Grandma and Grandpa sent Sydney a Valentine's card and inside they tucked the cutest necklace and bracelet.  Sydney is so into jewellery right now, she often tells me she has to "decorate herself" before we leave to go somewhere, which typically includes putting on a necklace or two, a bracelet, hair clips and/or a hairband and sometimes a ring.  It's quite cute!


Syd also mailed a very special card and envelope to Paul and I from preschool this week.  The kids had shown great interest in mail lately and so the teachers thought it would be great to have them make cards for their parents and mail them together.  They took a little field trip to the mailbox a block away from school and posted their letters together, it was great fun!




Inside the card Sydney drew a picture of a zebra for us!


While I was lying like a lump on the couch in my office yesterday, Syd decided to crack out the scrapbooking supplies and spent some time making a few pages in the Hello Kitty scrapbook kit that she got for Christmas.  It was super cute watching her cut and paste and do borders and embellishing.


The photo for yesterday was "Something Orange"


This was the only orange thing I encountered all day, the bright orange Shutterfly envelope that held the photos that Syd lovingly scrapbooked!

The photo for today is "Guilty Pleasure"


This is always my guilty pleasure, a nice glass of wine!  Hoping to enjoy a few over the next couple of days as we celebrate a friends wedding, Zach's birthday and Family Day with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment