Monday 4 February 2013

Hope


So today's photo for the day is inspired by the word 'hope'.  I chuckled when I read this, as a few days ago I was asking Syd her daily question from the new question-a-day journal that I got for her.  The question was "What do you hope for?"  Sydney cocked her little head and hummed and hawed for a couple of seconds before she said, "Well there's this little crack in the sink and I really hope that it gets better soon."





It was too funny!  Such a simple thing to hope for and yet so meaningful in her world!

Today was a great day!  I spent the morning running errands, did a huge grocery shop, spent some time at Paul's office with our new receptionist, and got myself a little early Valentine's present:


There are so many great, easy drinking wines out right now that I haven't had the chance to try, so today I treated myself to a case of wine to stock up our pantry.  It was so fun wandering up and down the aisles looking at all the new and interesting bottles and choosing some based on nothing more than what I felt like tossing into my basket!  Can't wait to try some!

This afternoon our friends Michelle and William came over for a visit.  It was so nice seeing them!  We realized that it had been almost two months since our last visit, no wonder I've been missing them so much!

Sydney was so excited that they were coming and helped me get all our snacks out and organized.  I had all the platters of food out when Syd ran to the living room and got her little vase with wilting tulips and her African Violet to decorate where the food was.  I love that she wants to be such a good hostess!



Syd and William had great fun playing together in the playroom and Michelle and I had a lovely chat and caught up over tea.  It was such a good, relaxing way to spend an afternoon!

Michelle brought me the most beautiful bouquet of tulips in two gorgeous shades of pink and a Morning Glory loaf from Kokopelli which we enjoyed tonight with our tea after dinner. 



Who could hope for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment