Sunday 3 February 2013

Our Weekend


This morning started with spreading ourselves out on the floor of my office upstairs and making Valentine's cards with the foam stickers and cards that we recently bought.  I was marvelling at Sydney's dexterity, her fine motor skills have come along so much in the past few months, she was peeling the backs off those stickers at record speed!  It wasn't too long ago that I had to do it for her and hand them to her to stick on, gone are the days!





Sydney spent some good time this weekend just chilling at home and doing some of her favourite things.

Painted a bit...


She and I both went to see our hairdresser Amy, for haircuts this weekend so as a reward for sitting so nicely for her haircut, we hit up the dollar store and I let Syd pick out a craft to do.  She chose a wooden birdhouse and some new bottles of paint and meticulously painted every last inch of that birdhouse, both inside and out!



The end result was pretty great, she even painted a giant letter 'S' on the roof to sign her masterpiece!


I love this shot of her taking a picture of her birdhouse with her own little camera at the same time as I am!


Syd spent some time chilling on the couch with her new best friend, the giant stuffed teddy Seymour, eating popcorn and watching Sesame Street.


We popped out to Macgillicuddy's, a favourite consignment store of ours close to our house, and picked up a few fantastic things.

A winter coat and hat for next year, love the 'fur' lined cuffs and collar!


And a couple of new dresses:


We also spent some time hanging out in the playroom building towers with Duplo.  Syd is getting pretty good at building towers that are almost as tall as she is!



We did a couple of other fun things together this weekend too, went out for dinner at the Thai House last night and this afternoon we went to a Mom and Kids Superbowl party at our friend Laura's house while the Dads were watching the game.  It was fun!

The photo a day for today is 'Something Beginning with 'E'':


Yup, that's my new easel that my sister gave me for Christmas, all set up and ready to go, just waiting for a little inspiration to get started.  I'm hoping to actually get some paint on the canvas this week when I can find some time for myself!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment