Saturday 2 February 2013

Photo a Day


I had been feeling as though I needed a little motivation to update my blog on a daily basis for the month of February, so I visited one of the Mommy Blogs that I read, FatMumSlim, and downloaded her Photo a Day challenge for the month of February.


This challenge gives you a daily word which is meant to inspire a photo which I will be sharing with you every day.  I'm off to a running start, was up way too late last night as we were out at our friend Christina and Ryan's house for dinner, so I didn't upload yesterday's picture which is inspired by the word 'Fork'.



This antique silver fork is my absolute favourite.  It belonged to my Grandma, I think it may have even come from her childhood home, so it likely is well over 100 years old.  I love how the tines are twisted and bent from years of use!


Today's photo of the day is inspired by the word pattern.  I love this damask pattern that is on my new laundry hamper and clothes basket, it makes me happy every time I look at it!



Here's what the past couple of days looked like for us:


Friends for Lunch


This past Thursday we had one of the families from preschool over for lunch after school.  It was so nice for Sydney to visit with her little friend Addison outside of the classroom and Amanda and I had a great time chatting and visiting together!



The girls enjoyed doing some splatter painting together!




Amanda brought me the most delicious blueberry tea loaf from Cobs Bakery!  We enjoyed it for days with our tea in the evening!


Art Work


Sydney and I finally got around to picking up her artwork from the fall term at 4 Cats.  She did an amazing splatter canvas and another canvas painting of a snowman along with a clay snowman figurine.  We are looking forward to picking up art classes again in the spring.





Christmas Money


Sydney has been asking me non-stop when she can spend her Christmas money that Grandma and Grandpa sent her!  I was mindfully waiting a few weeks so that she could enjoy all of the gifts that we got in December but decided that the toy sale at our local toy shop was good enough reason to let her pick out a few things.



She chose a new Wow toy, Bumpety Bump Bernie and a Playmobil bath toy along with a few bottles of paint!


New Wardrobe


I have been shopping like a maniac at the post-Christmas sales the past few weeks.  I have bought scads of clothes for Sydney from all of our favourite stores, she is all set for the next season and beyond!

This week I hit up the sale rack at the Gap and got her the cutest sparkly skirt, rhinestone shirt and canvas shoes:




Tickle Day


Ever since Sydney was a baby Paul has loved to tickle her.  I love hearing her hearty belly laugh as Daddy tickles her every day.  Paul was so sad the other day when Sydney announced, out of nowhere, "Daddy, I don't want you to tickle me anymore!"  After much discussion, Paul negotiated that he could have one day a week that we would designate as tickle day, Saturday.


On Friday morning when Sydney and I came down for breakfast we found this on her chalkboard:



A little message from Daddy.....


Special Parcel


Sydney got another surprise parcel in the mail this week from my friend Brandie.  She sent her the cutest kitten apron, something she had had for her boys but had never used.  Syd was thrilled to get something in the mail for herself and will definitely get great use out of the apron!




Will keep you posted with the photo a day each day this month, keep your eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment