Wednesday 20 February 2013

Picture Day


Yesterday Sydney and I enjoyed a second day off of school together.  First thing in the morning I dropped Sydney off at her buddy Leo's house to play while I met up with her teachers for our parent teacher conference.

Prior to our meeting, Jen and Carmen gave us a pedagogical narration that they had prepared with a glimpse of a typical day of learning at preschool.  It was so delightful to read and I loved the pictures that came along with it!


The meeting with the teachers was amazing.  They had so many wonderful things to share with me about Sydney and it was so nice to formally hear what I already knew, she is thriving in school and so incredibly happy.  I couldn't wish for anything more!

While Syd was playing at Leo's, they made a very special card to mail to Grandma and Grandpa.  Love it!


Today was picture day at school.  A few days ago when I told Syd that it was going to be picture day today she asked me if she could look through her dresses and choose one to wear.  She picked this dress that she calls 'Auntie Janice's dress' because my friend Janice and her husband Brent gave it to her last summer lovingly brought home from their holiday in Australia.


She looked oh so sweet in it!

I got a very special gift today as well from Sydney's preschool teacher to thank me for helping out in class, a beautiful set of dessert plates.  They will be put to good use for sure when I have Moms for tea!


We have had a wonderful time the past couple of days celebrating birthdays with two people that we love very much!  My brother turned 35 yesterday.  Sydney and I went downtown and met up with him for lunch and a visit.  It was so nice to get a bit of time with him on his birthday!

Today is my friend Brandie's birthday.  I called her this morning and we chatted and caught up, it felt so, so good to hear her voice!  The other day Syd was digging through some of my old photo albums and came downstairs carrying this:


My very crafty friend Brandie made this beautiful album for me for my high school graduation and inside it is filled with pictures of the year I graduated including this shot of Brandie at the tender age of 18:


I also found an envelope tucked in the back with these pictures:


Shows you how long I have known Brandie, she's five and six years old in those pictures!

Here's a newspaper clipping of she and I cleaning shammies together during our lunch break in 1986!  (At risk of dating myself, for those of you who don't know, a shammy is a cloth used to wipe the chalk off of a chalkboard...and yes, I am that old!)


Amazing to have a lifelong friend like her!

Yesterday Syd and I stopped by one of her favourite stores, Wild Birds Unlimited to pick up some bird seed.  They have a resident cat there, Tabby, and Syd was thrilled to have a little visit with her:


Sydney's friend Addi brought her a little gift at school today, a loot bag from her birthday party which we had to miss this past weekend.  Syd had the best time colouring her own custom bag when we got home from school!


We also took a little time to paint our pasta craft today, looked pretty cool!


The week is fast slipping away on me with a slightly different schedule this week having Monday and Tuesday off of school.  We sure had a fun time together though!

No comments:

Post a Comment