Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine's Day


This morning started out on a very special note.  I surprised Sydney by setting the table for a very special breakfast to wish her a Happy Valentine's Day.

I pulled out the hand painted tablecloth that I bought at the Circle Craft market this past December and laid out the new plates, cup and cutlery that I got Sydney for today.


I also set out a few treats for her.  She had been begging me for a watch for the longest time, so I found this very fun one with the word "love" on the face, it seemed fitting for today.


I also set out a couple other treats, some stickers and a magnetic doll craft kit.  She was so excited to see it all set out this morning when she came downstairs!  What a wonderful way to start the day!


We made heart shaped pancakes and tinted the batter red, it was fantastic!



We left a few surprises out for Daddy too, homemade cards and a brand new fluffy white terrycloth bathrobe!


On our way to school this morning we stopped by a few friends houses and delivered our Valentine's bags.


Today was indeed a special day as I got to the spend the entire day volunteering in Sydney's classroom.  It was so fun seeing the kids go about their day.  They are learning about the Jewish holiday of Purim right now and so the kids are really into dressing up as princes and princesses.


When we arrived home later this afternoon we found a couple of treats on our front porch.  Sydney's buddy Jack left her a box of princess chocolates:


And Weston gave her a very cool calendar along with a bunch of other treats!



I love how having kids makes holidays all the sweeter!  It was a very special day with my girl today celebrating love and friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment