Tuesday 5 February 2013

Visits Times Two


Today we had two unexpected visits with friends, it was great!  Right after school Sydney and I popped over to her friend Ollie's house to hang out with him and his nanny Amy, who has graciously offered to babysit for Paul and I this weekend while we are at a friend's wedding.  Sydney knows Amy, but we haven't seen her in quite some time, so I thought that it would be best to go over today and hang out to give Syd a chance to get comfortable with her before she comes to babysit.


While were were at Ollie's house my friend Sarah called to let me know that our music class this afternoon had been cancelled because our teacher was sick, and to see if Syd and I wanted to come over to their place to play instead.  So we packed up and headed off to visit with Sarah and Emma to finish off our afternoon.

Two lovely playdates on one very dreary Tuesday afternoon in Vancouver!

Today at school Sydney got a very special little treat from her buddy Dale, a red Hello Kitty envelope filled with chocolate coins and some real money too to celebrate Chinese New Year which happens this Sunday.


Syd was thrilled to get the Hello Kitty envelope and especially when it was filled with two of her favourite things, money and chocolate!

I got a special treat today too, my friend Amanda dropped off some crayons and heart shaped silicone moulds so that I can make some homemade heart shaped crayons for our Valentine's bags.  Can't wait to start this project! Will be so fun!


While Syd was at school today I did a bit of shopping and decided to, at long last, spend my Christmas money from my Mom and Dad.  I got myself a very cool looking ring from Coach, I really love how chunky and fun it is and that it's yellow gold which I've been wearing a lot of lately.


Sydney's art file at school was overflowing today and she brought home some real beauties:






The photo for today is 'Something you Smelled':


I have been hunting around for a new signature scent for myself after years of wearing the same perfume.  I got this Orange Canteloupe scent from Fruits and Passion and love how fresh and citrusy it is!  It is one of the first things I smell in the morning when I put it on and I love it!

Hope Tuesday was good to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment