Tuesday 12 March 2013

500


Tonight marks my five hundreth blog entry!  Wow, five hundred days documented here, I can't believe it!  It has been such a blessing being able to share my days with Sydney with you in such a special way, but beyond that, having this blog has helped me in ways that I never would have guessed.

I can't count the number of times I have referred back to the blog to remember a specific detail that I was trying to recall but couldn't remember.  Or how many times Sydney and I have spent precious moments together looking at the pictures and reading past entries remembering great memories together.  Or when I'm having one of those days when I think that I simply don't accomplish enough being a stay at home Mom with Syd, I often look back at all we've done and think to myself, "Wow, we really have done a lot!"

It has been wonderful!  I look forward to sharing many, many more memories with you here in the years to come.

Yesterday Sydney received a special envelope, addressed directly to her, in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa.  My Mom stuck a tag on the back of the envelope specially written to Sydney, she was smitten with it!


Inside was the sweetest card and some new stickers! 


Sydney promptly walked the card over to the window seat where we display such things immediately after I had read it to her and then ran upstairs to stash her stickers away in a special drawer in my office so that she would know where they were when she wanted to make a picture later that day.  Which she did, with almost every single sticker!


Thanks Grandma, you made a little girl's day!

Our friends Sarah and Emma came over yesterday afternoon for a play date. It was fun to see them, as always.  They are one of our closest friends and I love the level of comfort that we have together, it's like hanging out with family!

Emma picked out the most beautiful bouquet of irises for me and gave them to me when they arrived.  I love them, they are so bright and spring-like!


I have been on a bit of a spring cleaning kick around the house lately and am hell-bent on removing clutter and simplifying things around here.  I had a few large baby items of Sydney's still stashed away in the garage and basement, so I collected them all up for our friend Lynne who graciously took them for when her new granddaughter comes to visit.

She brought us a huge bag of the most juicy, delicious oranges to say thanks.  What a nice treat!  Sydney proudly brought one to preschool this morning to share for their morning snack.


This afternoon just as we were on our way out the door to music class the phone rang.  On the other end was our music teacher who had come down rather suddenly with an illness and was letting us know that she was cancelling class today.

I decided to take advantage of this found time and cracked out the beautiful easel, paints and canvas that my sister gave me for Christmas and try my hand at painting something.


I'm thinking my career as an artist won't be taking off any time soon.....I wish I could say that Sydney helped me with the painting and that's why it looks like it does, but sadly this is all my handiwork....

I'll keep trying though.  Today was all about experimentation, mixing colours, seeing what the different brushes could do....it can only get better from here!

While I was painting Sydney kept herself busy flipping through photo albums in my office and asking me who all of the people in the pictures were.  She's very interested in when I was a little girl lately, I spend a lot of time wracking my brain trying to remember that far back to regale her with stories...

So here's to 500 amazing days and to thousands more to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment