Sunday 10 March 2013

Mommy Time


This weekend has been a nice mix of time to myself, time together as a family, and time spent getting things done.


On Friday night my friend Marcy, one of the Moms from preschool, invited myself and a few other friends of hers over for a wine night at her house after we had put our kids to bed.  She had the luxury of the whole house to herself for the weekend as her husband and kids had gone to Calgary to visit family.  We had such a lovely time together drinking wine, having snacks, chatting and laughing.  It was so fun to meet some new Moms and have a little time out together.


The next morning I felt very spoiled as I woke up and headed downtown to Provence restaurant in Yaletown to meet up with my friends Andrea, Saskia and Tracy for brunch.  It was a sensational day, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and it felt like spring all around!  We sat at a beautiful sun drenched table and enjoyed a fantastic brunch together while catching up.  What a special treat!


I certainly felt so refreshed after so much time to myself and still had the rest of the weekend ahead of me to spend with Paul and Syd!

Sydney had another piano lesson on Saturday.  I am so pleased with how keen she is about playing the piano right now!  She had a great lesson this week and then proceeded to ask me if she could practice her own piano twenty minutes after we got in the door from the lesson!  She just can't seem to get enough, always prompting me to practice piano with her.  It's awesome!

This past Friday at school Sydney's class took a little field trip to the Weinberg Residence, an old age home, to celebrate Shabbat with the seniors.  It was such a special time.


Each of the children took turns in pairs going up front to sing a special song for Shabbat.  Sydney and her buddy Julia chose "Gilly, Gilly Good Shabbat".  I was so proud of Syd while watching her up front doing the actions with a huge smile on her face. 



We took advantage of the beautiful weather on Saturday and decided to crack out Sydney's balance bike for the first time ever.  She has been riding it around the house for months on end this winter, so I assumed that she would love it outdoors.  She pushed herself about ten feet on it and then burst into tears, crying that she didn't like it and wanted pedals.


So we carried it back to the garage and swapped it for her tricycle and she was all smiles for a cruise around the neighborhood that inevitably ends up at the park.



She did try her balance bike again in the back yard later that afternoon and decided that she liked it after all!


Today was spent doing a bit of catch up, did a Costco run, went grocery shopping, did laundry, cleaned the house, meal planned for the week ahead.   I feel all organized for the week ahead, it's a nice way to start a fresh week.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment