Wednesday 13 March 2013

Mom's Shopping Morning


This morning my friend Marcy and I dropped our kids at preschool, piled into her car and headed off to the Gap in Kerrisdale for their Family and Friends sale.  Everything in the store was an additional 40% off the last marked price for one day only and we were determined not to miss it!


It was such fun spending a couple of hours leisurely looking through piles of clothes and finding some sweet things for our kids.

I came away with a couple of things that Syd can use for our upcoming sun holiday, the sweetest pair of slip on sandles and a floppy sun hat:


Along with a few basics, leggings and tees which I can never seem to get enough of:


And the most adorable dress!  I couldn't make up my mind about which colour to get, both look so fabulous on her, so I got one of each in two different sizes.  She can wear the coral one this year and the turquoise next year!


What a great way to spend the morning.  After all that shopping we dragged ourselves next door to Caffe Artigiano for a coffee and visit.  I could spend every morning this way!  Loved it!

We got a new Kelly Kit in the mail today filled with a fresh box of oil pastels and paper along with a colour wheel to complete.  Syd was thrilled to get some pastels for home, she uses them all the time at school but I hadn't yet gotten around to buying her some for home!


Today at school Sydney spent some time practicing her cutting and cut out a bunch of little triangles out of paper.  She was pretty proud of herself and wanted to save them to show me so she wrote her name on each one....adorable!


She is getting so good at writing words these days, knows how to spell and write almost all of the kid's names in her class.  The teachers have been letting her write the name for the helper of the day on the white board at school every day, she's very excited to do it and oh so proud of herself when she gets it right!


No comments:

Post a Comment