Tuesday 26 March 2013

Spring Break


We are fully into the swing of Spring Break around here!  Yesterday morning I woke up and smiled to myself at the fact that I could stay in my jammies for as long I liked.  Sydney loved it too!

Our quiet morning together looked a little like this:


Marble Time.  Sydney is really loving marbles these days, she sorts them into different containers by colour and is learning how to play the traditional game of marbles.



Blocks.  We made towers and Sydney spelled out the alphabet all on her own.  Fun times!


Baking.  We whipped up a huge batch of mini banana muffins yesterday and drove around and delivered a bunch to some friends in the neighborhood.



Puzzle.  Sydney got this very cool puzzle that she can colour herself from her friend William for her birthday.  She has been dying to colour it and so yesterday we cracked it out for her!

We were supposed to meet up with my friends Georgina and Krista for lunch yesterday but Georgina's son was sick, so instead we hopped in the car and drove out to Point Roberts to pick up some parcels that were waiting there for us with some fun things inside.

It was a gorgeous, sunny day yesterday.  I glanced into the back seat while we were driving there and saw this:


Syd had found her strawberry sunglasses and was basking in the sun.

I got Sydney her own microwave which she absolutely loves!  It has buttons that beep, a turntable that turns and a timer that counts down on the front.  A big hit in our house!


I also got Syd some flashcards as she is so interested in words and letters and is already reading many simple words that she can identify on her own in books.  I was shocked when I started doing the flash cards with her at how many words she already knew without me having to tell her what they were.  It's a little bit amazing!



I decided to take Syd out for lunch on our own yesterday so we hit up the Whitespot in Tsawwassen after we picked our parcels up at Point Roberts.  I love that Syd brought her little baby with her for lunch!


Sydney's buddy Jack came over for dinner and to play on the weekend.  The kids had such a good time together.  Poor Jack didn't want to leave, he literally cried on the way out the door when his parents came to pick him up!


Sydney has taken over my beautiful new slate cheeseboard as her own personal chalk board.  She overheard me talking to my friend Christina about how you could write on it with chalk and ran to grab her own chalk and make a beautiful creation!


I bought myself a little treat the other day, a brand new panini press.  This bad boy not only grills sandwiches but also doubles as a griddle for pancakes and the like.  I unpacked it yesterday morning, can't wait to try it out.



Yesterday night was the first night of Passover.  We enjoyed a beautiful Seder at Heidi and Danny's house with Paul's family and friends.

I got Heidi this beautiful spring bouquet as a hostess gift.


While we were at the flower shop, Sydney decided that she wanted to choose some flowers of her own.  She took a good ten minutes looking at all of the choices before deciding on this bouquet of yellow tulips.  She told the shop owner that she wanted them wrapped with a ribbon around them and she obliged...too cute!  We brought them home and put them in the vase that Sydney made last summer at pottery camp.



Sydney and I spent some time in the afternoon making a fruit platter to bring with us to dinner.




Happy Spring Break everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment