Saturday 23 March 2013

World of Science


This afternoon Sydney and I met up with our friends Sarah and Emma to spend some time at the Telus World of Science.  I have long wanted to take Sydney there and was so glad to finally have the opportunity to make it today!

It was so cool.  There were amazing displays and areas where the children could experiment and build things.  Sydney loved this very cool water display which was filled with balls.  You were meant to throw the balls into a series of water tubs and watch them as they travelled back down.  Syd was fascinated with this, must have played with it for a good twenty minutes!


She and Emma also found the room stocked with a million Keva Planks and built some pretty cool structures.  It was fun to see what they came up with, Sydney really enjoyed them!


What a great way to spend an afternoon, I can't wait to go back!

Today was Sydney's last day of preschool before two weeks off for spring break.  The other night we were lying in bed together talking about spring break when she started quietly crying.  When I asked her what was wrong, she said in the smallest, saddest voice, "I"m going to miss Jen."  She loves her teachers so much, it makes my heart ache a little to think that she is sad to be away from them for a couple of weeks!

It was a very special day in class today, the children had their Passover Seder together complete with their own individual Seder plates.  This was followed by a lively sing along time where the children each took turns standing up in front of the class to share their favourite Passover song.


Sydney brought home a very special centerpiece for the Passover table that she had made in class as well.


Early this morning after dropping Sydney to school I went, for the second day in a row, to the brand new Crate and Barrel store in Oakridge Centre.  I could have stayed there all day, what a beautiful store!


I came away with a beautiful cheese plate, had to practice restraint to not walk out of the store with at least a dozen things that I loved!

Welcome to Vancouver Crate and Barrel, you and I are going to be very good friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment