Wednesday 3 April 2013

A Blog is Born


Several months ago, Sydney was digging through one of my desk drawers and pulled out a small camera case that contained the very first digital camera that I ever owned.  I bought it many years ago, with a gift card that I won at a sales contest at work.  It served me well, that little camera, until I decided to upgrade to one with more megapixels, a bigger screen, more features.  And so the old camera sat for years at the back of my desk drawer until Syd found it.

Syd loves playing with this camera, pretending that she's really taking pictures and often packs it around in one of her purses when we're leaving the house.  A few days ago, I realized that there was still a battery and memory card in the camera so I searched high and low for the charger and lo and behold if she doesn't have a fully functioning digital camera of her own now!  It has changed her little life.

She has been wandering through the house taking literally hundreds of pictures of things that are meaningful to her, all the while muttering that she is going to upload them to her blog.  A regular chip off the old block.  I am secretly so pleased.


So this morning while Sydney and I were enjoying some mellow Spring Break moments together, we took a few minutes to set up her very own blog.  Behold, My Life as a Kid.

Syd chose her own background and template and we uploaded all of her pictures and then she chose which ones she wanted to include in her inaugural entry.  She was so pleased with herself when it all got posted, the look on her face was priceless.  I bookmarked her blog right next to mine on the computer, it just felt right.

So feel free to check back every few days to see what has been meaningful in the life of this very busy three and a half year old!


No comments:

Post a Comment