Tuesday 2 April 2013

Baking Playdate


Sydney loves to watch videos on You Tube.  A number of months back she happened upon the Howdini.com series made by the Betty Crocker kitchens.  She can often be found during the day on the computer, watching videos in the kitchen, learning to make cupcakes in ice cream cones or cakes shaped like fire trucks.  I may have a budding chef on my hands!

Her all time favourite is this one which shows how to make Adorable Bear Cookies.  Since watching it five thousand times or so, she has begged me to make these cookies, so this morning we invited her friend Kaitlyn over for a baking playdate.

I set two little stations up in the kitchen, one for each wee baker, and we set out mixing and rolling balls to make the bears faces and ears.




The girls thought that it was great fun when they got to stick the popsicle sticks into the cookies and squish them down a bit!



They came out of the oven all huge and not exactly resembling a bear as they were meant to, but yummy and fun to decorate nevertheless!




While we were waiting for the cookies to be cool enough to decorate, we whipped up two batches of banana muffins to use up some bananas that were in my freezer.   Such fun!

Liz and I have decided that we have to make these baking playdates a tradition both for the girls and for us, we had such a great time!


Kaitlyn brought Sydney a very special bucket filled with so many fun things today, craft supplies, a wooden pinwheel to paint, a Kinder Surprise egg, some pine cones and a package of Sunflower seeds.  I can't wait to plant the seeds with Sydney in her new bucket and see if we can't get a sunflower to grow!


The other day I found an old digital camera of mine that I wasn't using anymore.  I charged up the battery, showed Syd how to use it, and let her loose in the house.  She was hillarious, taking pictures of literally everything she could think of.  She actually got some pretty amazing shots!  She then asked me if she could start her own blog.  I told her I thought that was a splendid idea and that we should call it "My Life as a Kid."


This morning, just as our friends were arriving, the mailman arrived on the front porch with a special delivery for Sydney.  It was an Easter present from Grandma and Grandpa!  Sydney was thrilled to find the stainless steel pots and pans set inside!  She loves her little kitchen so much and was delighted to have something new to add to it!  Love the little whisk and ladle!



Our afternoon continued along with a wonderful visit with our friends Sarah and Emma and Louise and Sophie.  It was so great to get everyone together and for the girls to have a chance to play and spend some time with each other.

Louise brought me the most gorgeous plant from Gardenworks, love it!


And Sarah gave me a beautiful bouquet of fresh pink tulips.  It is so nice to have all of these fresh flowers and plants in my house!


What a fun day of visiting we had.  It's a great way to fill a day during Spring Break!


No comments:

Post a Comment