Tuesday 23 April 2013

Old Dog, New Tricks


Back in January Sydney started taking piano lessons from a very sweet lady who teaches piano and lives up the street from us.  She is doing really well with it, seems to have taken to it very naturally and is learning slowly and surely what she is meant to do.

I have always wanted to learn to play the piano, but figured I was likely too old to even bother to learn, until one day I got to chatting with Maureen, Syd's piano teacher, who told me that she has students of all ages, the oldest one being 70 years old!  She said if I was keen, she'd be happy to take me on as a student.

So this morning I had my first official piano lesson.


It was great.  I actually really loved it.  I learned so much in the hour that I spent with Maureen and was playing three simple songs by the end of my time there.  It was very cool!

I love stretching my brain and learning something new and am excited to continue going to lessons and learning alongside Sydney!

Seems you can teach an old dog new tricks after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment