Monday 22 April 2013

Settling Back In


The past few days have been all about settling back into life as we know it after returning home from our wonderful Hawaiian vacation.

Everyone keeps telling me that I look so relaxed and tanned, it's nice.  I'm still feeling a lot of that holiday feeling, glad it's lingering!

Here's what the past few days have looked like around here:

Seeds



While we were away the seeds that we planted, as if by magic, decided to sprout.  Sydney was so thrilled to find that they had grown.  I can't wait to plant them outdoors next month so that Syd can have her own little garden to tend to!

Gifts


Sydney's buddy Leo brought her home a very special little gift from Las Vegas where he and his family were recently vacationing.  Sydney now has her very own personalized licence plate for her bike!

Last night I discovered a little package for Sydney on our front porch, a gift bag from William and Kaitlyn's Gruffalo party that we missed while we were away.


Inside were the most amazing treats which all carried the theme so well!


We especially loved the hand made flashcard matching game and this beautifully painted personalized canvas for Syd!


Plates



Sydney brought home two lovely plates from school the other day that she made.  I love looking at them alongside the one she made last year and seeing how much her art has grown!


Birthdays!

This past weekend brought two very special birthday celebrations.  Sydney's friend Leo from preschool has the sweetest little sister, Tessa, who just turned two.  We were invited to join in the celebration of her party, it was a blast!



Sydney's friend Ollie also had his 3rd birthday this weekend so Sydney, Daddy and I enjoyed a visit with our neighborhood friends while the kids had a ball bouncing in Ollie's new bouncy castle and decorating cookies.




Ollie's cake was the most awesome looking Thomas the Tank Engine!


I love the #3 cookies that he had too!


Sydney came home with a loot bag filled with fun things too, she was very pleased!


Dinner

Saturday evening I hosted a long awaited dinner party for our friends Ryan and Christina and Lori and Marcus and their families.   I made both traditional and vegetarian lasagne and we had a lovely meal and visit together.


Marcus brought us a special magnum of Italian wine from his cellar for the occasion!


And Christina brought the yummiest dessert, a praline cake for the adults and rainbow cupcakes for the kids, so fun!


We had the best visit together and the kids so enjoyed playing together too!


Shopping

I hit up The Gap the other day while Syd was at preschool and got a bunch of fun summer things for Sydney.  I am so in the mood to buy summer clothes after spending a week in the sun!



Today I headed to the brand new Marshalls on Marine Drive to check it out.  It was fun wandering around checking out all of the fun discount things that they have!


I love how their changing rooms have hooks that say "Definitely" and "Possibly".  I always have two piles when I'm trying things on and this made it easier to sort everything out!



I left with a couple of things for myself and the cutest tiny dancer costume for Syd.


She loved it so much, she actually squealed when she saw it!

Art

Syd's art file was bulging at school, check out some of her latest creations!





It is good to be back at home and into the swing of normal life again.  It sure feels like spring here, check out our street lined with the most amazing pink cherry blossoms, love it!



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment