Thursday 25 April 2013

Spring Has Sprung


We have had the most spectacular few days here in Vancouver, it has literally felt like summer with a stretch of beautiful, warm, sunny days.  The past couple of days have sped by as we've tried to fill every moment we can with being outdoors and enjoying the sun!

I finally got around to blowing up Sydney's bouncy castle for the first time this week.  Man, did she love it!



She filled the inside with the bag of 100 balls that I got to go along with it and had such fun tossing them through the hoop on the inside and then sliding down the slide to get out.


Then she decided that it would be a good idea to fill her little swimming pool with the balls and go for a little dip with them.


I seriously can't wait for summer!  What a fun afternoon in the backyard that was!

Sydney and I took some time to compile a photo album to send off to my Dad for his birthday which is coming up next week.  I so rarely get pictures printed these days, with digital photography and all.  It was so nice to actually have printed pictures and get them together in an album.



Yesterday morning while Sydney was at school I was rushing about frantically trying to squeeze in some exercise, do a Costco run, and get a few errands done.  I managed to stop for a quick, yet very serene, bite at the Butter bakery for lunch on my way back to school to get Syd.



I just love the bright and airy space here and the food and treats are so delicious!

While I was in the neighborhood I quickly stopped my Macgillycuddy's to check out what they had and got a couple of cute things for Sydney:


She just loves this high chair for her babies, it is so cute seeing her put the babes in and pretend to feed them!


Just had to have this ladybug dress, it's a tad big at the moment but she was still so excited to have it!

This afternoon we met up with our friends Sarah and Emma and Eva and Collette in Steveston Village to play and enjoy the sun.



The girls had a great time playing at the playground at the Steveston Community Centre and then we walked to the pier and had ice cream and watched the boats.  What a perfect spring day!

I met up with my friend Mel this morning for tea and she gave me a bag of her very famous granola.  She makes this granola from scratch and has just launched a business selling it.  It is delicious! 


We have so enjoyed a wonderful spring week in Vancouver! 

No comments:

Post a Comment