Friday 5 April 2013

Wrapping up the Week


I can't believe how quickly these two weeks of Spring Break have flown by!  Sydney and I have had such fun together.  It's been so lovely to be able to hang out in our PJ's, go at our own pace and do a few fun and different things.  Sydney loves going out for lunch with me, we have made a few trips to the Whitespot and for sushi while we've had the chance.  It's been such precious time together!

Here's a snapshot of the past couple of days for us:

Spring Crafts



We dug out this very fun book from Usborne this week, "100 Fun things to make & do."  Syd and I flipped through the pages and decided on a couple of crafts that we wanted to try.  We made paper lanterns and a tulip card.  I love how spring like it turned out!

Birthday Deliveries


The beginning of April brings two birthdays in our family, both Paul's sister and Sydney's cousin Nathan.  We wrapped up some of the adorable bear cookies that we made this week and delivered them to the birthday folks this week.

Homemade Mac and Cheese


I love that I had time to do some actual cooking this week in a non-rushed environment.  One day for lunch Sydney and I made a huge batch of homemade macaroni and cheese, it was so yummy!

Little Kitchen



Besides her ongoing love affair with her baby dolls, Sydney's little kitchen is one of her favourite things in the world right now.  She had such fun emptying everything out of the cupboards and stacking it at the bottom of our silverware cabinet.

Daddy's Little Helper


Syd has been busy helping Daddy in the back yard, always sweeping and scooping up leaves and branches.  It's very sweet!

Special Breakfast


We took advantage of our time at home this week to have what Sydney calls a "special breakfast."  This is no different than a regular breakfast except I use our fancy dishes and a tablecloth and we sit and linger a little longer than normal over breakfast.  I love this tradition and I love that Syd asks for it even more!

Keva Planks




Sydney had such fun playing with Keva Planks when we were at Science World a couple of weeks ago.  I managed to track some down online and we drove to Point Roberts to pick them up yesterday.  She is having such fun with them, building things and even making letters with them!

Errand Day


This is my 'to do' list from Thursday.  I mindfully left one day free this week to run errands and get ourselves organized for our upcoming trip to Hawaii next week.  When I finally got around to making a list on Wednesday night of all the places we needed to go and things we had to do, I wondered how we were going to squeeze it all in one day!  Sydney was a rock star, we literally ran errands for six hours straight and she was co-operative and helpful and loved just tagging along!

Seeds




We took some time this morning to plant our Sunflower seeds in the new bucket that Sydney's friend Kaitlyn brought us along with some Sweet Basil seeds that I found.   Can't wait to see them grow!

Tulips



Sydney and I so enjoyed looking at all of the beautiful spring flowers in our neighborhood today on our way to her first art class for the spring session.

I am blissfully exhausted tonight after staying up much too late last night over a few glasses of wine with my friend Michelle.  What a great week it's been.  Here's hoping the weekend ahead holds more of the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment