Saturday 11 May 2013

Settling into our Weekend

We are a comfortable half way through our weekend and already it feels as though we have made so  many nice memories.  I love this time of year, the weather is getting to be great, flowers are blooming, everyone's spirits are lifted and our social calendar is full.  Life is good!

Here's a few snapshots of our weekend:

Busy Girl

Sydney has been so enjoying her crafts lately.  We have pulled her splash mat out several times over the past couple of days so that she can play with playdough and glitter or do some painting.



Along with her love for art, Sydney is so into her baby dolls right now.  This morning I heard her singing and cooing to her baby in it's stroller and found it like this:


I love how she swaddled the baby and put it's own teeny-tiny teddy bear beside it.  She told me later in the morning that she no longer wanted to call this baby Emma but Mikaela instead.  When I asked her where she heard that name before she told me that one of the little girls in music class is named Mikaela and that she likes the name.  Too sweet!

Syd has also been busy snapping shots for her blog.  A regular chip off the old block, she and I just can't get enough of those lilac bushes these days.  Here she is getting some amazing shots of it and one of my faves that she took on her own:



And Speaking of Lilacs....

Paul came home from an early morning bike ride this morning with a bouquet of the most beautiful, fragrant white and lavender lilacs for me.  I just adore them!


I am loving my lilac bush too and take such great pleasure in knowing that it's exactly as old as Sydney is.  Paul and I planted it the year that she was born and as I've said before, like Sydney it gets bigger and more beautiful every year!




Mother's Day Surprise

Sydney's preschool class had a little Mother's Day surprise that they had been preparing for all week.  All of the children lined up for the Moms and sang songs.


Then they gave each of the Moms a very special present:  The kids made tie-dyed scarves for us, they are so beautiful!



I love the card that Sydney gave me too.  Jen and Carmen asked her what she loved doing with me before they typed it out:


I was fully in tears when the children sang the song from the famous "Love you Forever" book:

'I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my Mommy you'll be'

Dinner Out

Last night Sydney headed off to her buddy Jack's house and Paul and I had an evening to ourselves.  What a special treat!  The weather was amazing and sunny so we found a patio down on English Bay at the beautiful, funky Cactus Club there and drank wine and had dinner and so enjoyed an evening together.


When we got back to Jack's house to pick Sydney up his Mom, my dear friend Christina, had made a homemade strawberry rhubarb crisp for us for dessert and we all sat out on the patio and enjoyed some time visiting together.

What a lovely night!

Saturday

Early this morning I got a phone call from Sydney's piano teacher saying that she was at the emergency room at the hospital with a suspected heart problem and that, understandably, she wouldn't be able to see Sydney for her lesson this morning.  We love Maureen so much and hope that she is feeling better and while we missed our time with her this morning we sure enjoyed having some extra time at home to get a few things done around the house and just relax!

This afternoon Paul, Sydney and I had the pleasure of sharing in the third birthday celebration of Sydney's buddy Weston.


Our friend Michelle made the most amazing cake to go along with the car and truck theme of the party.


We had such fun visiting with our friends and playing with the kids and sharing in Weston's special day.



Goodbye Cookie

When we got home from the party we discovered that Sydney's beloved fish Cookie had gone to heaven while we were out.  He hadn't been doing so well the past few weeks and I knew it was just a matter of time until he went so I had been chatting with Syd about it trying to make it easier for her.


She seemed a bit sad when she saw the poor guy face down at the bottom of his bowl today.  She told me that she thought he had gone to heaven to be with the angels and swim with the other fishes and then asked me if we could buy a new fish and pick out some different coloured rocks for the bowl this time.

I think she recovered pretty well.

Goodbye Cookie, we loved you!

Looking forward to sharing a wonderful Mother's Day with my Paul and Sydney tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment