Wednesday 29 May 2013

Sprinting


I have just spent the last few minutes thumbing through my daytimer looking at the next five or six weeks.  I'm tired just reading about everything that is coming up!  I don't know what it is about this time of year, but there are just so many things going on between school and activities wrapping up, birthday parties, social events and trying to connect with friends and family that I haven't seen in too long!

I feel as though it will be a sprint from now until the beginning of July when Sydney and I can finally sit in the backyard, exhale for the first time in weeks and enjoy a summer full of leisure!

I have had a lot on my mind lately, pondering a return to work in the fall, interviewing nannies for the summer, sussing out Kindergartens for Sydney, trying to book our annual vacation and diligently working trying to simultaneously arrange three different home improvement projects that we'd like to have done this year.

It's a lot to think about all at once and doesn't leave for a lot of down time.

So this morning I took a little time out and went and had a pedicure.  I figure if I'm going to be sprinting my toes may as well look pretty doing it!


I am resolving that I am going to enjoy the crazy busy ride that these next few weeks will bring and will have an entire summer to take some time to soak up all the fun that we've had!





As a side note a very Happy Birthday to my awesome nephew Zach today, 15 years old....I remember that hot sunny May 29th when he was born like it was yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment