Thursday 9 May 2013

Under the Sun


We enjoyed yet another beautiful spring day together in the sun today!  Minutes after Paul had gotten in the door from the office, we were off for a family walk into Kerrisdale for ice cream.  What a nice treat mid-week!  For all the times that I actually miss my old job and being in an office, today was one of those days that I was so grateful that I had nowhere to be and nothing to do but soak up the sun and enjoy the time with my two favourite people!

On the way walking back home Sydney and I collected a bucket of huge pine cones.  Syd had the best time playing with them in her sand table and then decided that she wanted to paint them so we hauled her splash mat and paints out into the back yard and sat and painted in the sun.  Such fun!




We found a bunch of dandelions that had gone to seed today and I showed Sydney, for the first time, how to blow them to the wind.  She was fascinated with being able to do this and had so much fun practicing her new talent.  It was very cute!


We decided to work on a couple of Mother's Day projects for some of the amazing Moms in our life this afternoon.

We whipped up a batch of gingersnap cookies and packaged them up along with some cards to take to Jen and Carmen, Sydney's beloved preschool teachers who are not only amazing teachers, but amazing Mommas too!




And I finally got all the pieces together to complete my homemade slate cheese boards for a few of my closest Mom friends.





I love that it includes a box of chalk so that you can write the name of the cheese on the board!



We are so enjoying our garden these days, things are blooming faster than we can keep up with!  My lilacs finally decided to come out in full bloom this week:


I am so sentimental about lilacs.  My Grandma had two lilac bushes in her front yard and when I was a little girl we would wait in anticipation for them to bloom just so that we could bury our noses in the blossoms and take in that sweet fragrance.  Even now when I smell lilacs I am instantly transported back to that moment in time in Grandma's yard with her.

Just had to include this shot too, especially for my Mom because she loves this tree in our garden so much!  It's in full bloom right now Mom, it is gorgeous!  Wish you were here to see it in person!


Got a lovely little treat today from my friend Christine, the most delicious wee box of chocolates from Chocotas.  They are divine!  Sydney couldn't get over the one with the bumblebee on top.  I, of course, had to let her eat it!



Happy Thursday, hope you had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment