Wednesday 26 June 2013

Finding our Rhythm


Sydney and I have settled nicely into the first few days of our summer vacation despite torrential downpours for most of this week!  It still feels like holidays and we have been enjoying spending full days together and just taking the days as they come.

This week has brought many lovely things.  We went for lunch and a playdate with Sydney's friend from preschool, Julia.  It was so fun to see them on our first full day of summer vacation from school.  The girls had such a wonderful time together playing and snacking and doing crafts.  Sydney often tells me that Julia is her best friend and when we were riding home from her house I said to Syd "Wasn't it nice to have a visit with Julia?" and Sydney replied "Yes, Mom you know she's my favourite friend!"  Precious!

Just love this little book that Julia made for Sydney when we were there.


My summer nanny has started in full force this week and has been over a few times to watch Sydney already.  Syd is still getting used to having to say goodbye to me while she stays at home with Alexa, but has tons of fun with her once I've gone.

Paul and I have even managed to sneak out for a walk and quick dinner one night this week while Alexa was here watching Syd.  It was great to have some time together!

Alexa brought Sydney a little present the other day, this huge stuffed dog!  Syd loved it and decided that she wanted to name it Mickey Mouse.  Too cute!


Sydney will be accompanying me to my piano lessons all throughout the summer.  On Tuesday morning we had the pleasure of seeing Maureen for my lesson and had a lovely time learning new songs and practicing what I've learned to date.  I am so enjoying learning to play the piano.  It has been something that I've longed to do for quite some time now and it feels great to be able to finally be doing it!

I've even moved on to having to do theory papers and technical exercises each week along with my regular practicing.  It's been good discipline for me to find some time each day to practice!


Syd and I met up with my friend Mandy for coffee this week too.  Mandy and I used to be colleagues at Mackenzie years before Syd was born and have stayed in touch, I really enjoy visiting with her!  She always brings a little something for Sydney when we visit, this time she brought her a portable art set, what a perfect gift!


Today I spent the day working at Paul's office while one of his staff members was off.  I always enjoy having the chance to work with Paul again, we really do have a nice synergy together!

When I got home I took Sydney out to run a few errands.  We picked up a parcel with some very special contents, her new bedding from Pottery Barn Kids for her big girl bed!  She loved the personalized pillow case!


Syd came with me while I got a pedicure, had the best time looking at the dozens and dozens of colours of nail polish and helping me decide on this very bright orange.


Orange is definitely my new favourite summer colour, I am buying everything in it!  We stopped quickly at one of my favourite boutiques in Kerrisdale on the way home and I got a new dress, top and necklace all in the same amazing shade!  Can't get enough of it these days!




I am really loving this change of pace!  It just feels right at this time of year to be doing some fun and different things!

No comments:

Post a Comment