Tuesday 11 June 2013

Planes, Trains and Playdates


Yesterday after school Sydney's friend Henry and his mom Christine and baby brother Morris came over to play.  Henry is the sweetest boy ever, he is so chatty and polite and always asks intelligent questions.  I loved him from the first day I met him!  We were so excited to have him over to play at long last!


Syd and Henry played so nicely together.  They bounced in the bouncy castle, rode bikes around the backyard, played peek-a-boo in the tent, dug in the sandbox.  There was rarely a moment when Christine and I had to lift our heads from our glass of wine and conversation to interject.

Christine brought so many fabulous treats to share with us.  Fresh spanikopita and blueberries and the most amazing doughnuts made by Cartems.  This very cool doughnut shop makes the most delicious treats in such interesting flavours and varieties, I especially loved the Earl Grey ones!  What a treat!  If you haven't tried them yet, you must!


She also brought some foodie goodies from Commercial Drive which included the coolest pasta for Syd that is shaped both like animals and trains, trucks and airplanes.  Sydney was over the moon exicted to try them out for dinner!  What a fun way to get her to eat her pasta!


I was thinking after Christine and Henry left how fortunate we are to have so many amazing families in our preschool that we love and have developed close friendships with.  We have created a community and it means the world to me!

I spent this morning while Syd was at preschool visiting with my friends and past colleagues at Mackenzie.  It was so great to have the chance to catch up with everyone, the gang there feels like family to me and even though I've been gone for almost four years it feels as though I've never left to go back!

Syd went to her friend Addi's house for a playdate today after school so I took advantage of the opportunity of a free afternoon and met up with my friends Saskia and Tracy for lunch at the Secret Garden Tea Company.


We enjoyed a delicious lunch and a delightful visit together.  It was such a treat to have an entire day of visiting today, I so enjoyed connecting with so many people!

Syd totally enjoyed her playdate too, did some crafts and lounged in the sun, it was a perfect afternoon for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment