Thursday 18 July 2013

Dog Days of Summer


The past few days have been such a wonderful reminder of how the small, simple things really can become extraordinary, especially in the summer!  I have been so relaxed that I literally have not picked up my camera in three days, so I have no pictures to share with you.  Instead I'll pepper this entry with a few more of my favourite shots so far this summer.




Syd and I have been enjoying some lazy time together, an afternoon at Locarno Beach, lunch at Whitespot, running errands, playing in the backyard and park.  There has been painting and crafts and several hours with Alexa both at home and the park. 





We've settled nicely into this summer routine, although I sense that Syd is getting a bit restless.  She has asked me several times if she could do a summer camp of some sort, so today I signed her up for a week long pottery camp in August.



Paul and I got out for a lovely walk along the beach together this week followed by dinner at the University Golf Club on their beautiful patio.  What a treat it has been to be able to spend some consistent time together one evening a week while Alexa is here to watch Syd.


We spent an afternoon at the beach with our friends Christina and Jack.  The kids filled bucket after bucket with water and collected shells and rocks and dug in the sand happily while Christina and I visited.  Syd is such a beach girl!  I'm sure she could happily live in a tropical climate for the rest of her life.




No comments:

Post a Comment